any girls in the jacksonville area?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by beyondlimits, Mar 22, 2012.

1. NJ-SWELL

NJ-SWELL Member

Jan 28, 2012
    mad heads start out on longboards/funshapes because it is easier to learn the fundamental concepts and techniques of surfing, longboards have mad volume which makes it more stable and floaty as well as more forgiving to balance errors. while there are people who just pick up short boards and go, it is alot easier to learn by transitioning from a big board to a small board, but hell the waves on the east coast are typically better suited for a slightly bigger board anyways.

2. beyondlimits

beyondlimits Active Member

Mar 22, 2012
    awesome! yah i will def. be going down there soon..past wilmington right? ive heard good things about CB..i will message you when i will be hitting it up on my funboard lol.

3. slopman

slopman Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    yes, south of Wilmington. CB is a cool little town, less crowded than WB but also a bit more crusty!! haha

4. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    If I had D's I would never leave the house to go surf....

5. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    ok. lol...

6. jaabarlow

jaabarlow Member

Sep 14, 2009
    hmmmmm

A lot of females use and read this forum. Typically we don't end each sentence with "lol", nor do we post our measurements.

7. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    Whats your point? if you have no answers for my questions move on.

8. surfer23451

surfer23451 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi Beyondlimits. I surf with my daughter a lot - she is a 26 year old Coast Guard officer. In fact we just got back from Costa Rica where we both had a great time. We both normally surf 9' performance oriented longboards. Her favorite board is a 9'0" Walden Wahine she picked up in Hawaii and mine is a 9'0" Walden Magic-3 model. My daughter is 5'4" and about 110 pounds - not very big but in good shape - and she handles her 9'0" just fine both in and out of the water. You can really surf a performance oriented longboard in most anything you find on the east coast of the US. I have ridden them in mush to 15' surf for years in spots from Virginia Beach (where I live) to Hawaii to Costa Rica to Puerto Rico. Though I sometimes surf a 6'6" CI Flyer, my go to boards are 9'0". For your first board I would definitely recommend a 9' board if you want to have fun straight from the start. Aloha!

9. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012

yea i think im gonna try to rent a couple big boards now just to see what works best for me!! MAHALO!

10. WaterSandwich

WaterSandwich Member

Jan 17, 2010

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing. The guy that said, "you are the first girl on the forum that I have seen". That's complete crap! There are plenty of us on here, but we don't have to go rave about it!!

11. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    The only measurements I'm posting here or anywhere for the matter is the dimensions of my boards, the size of a wave, or the distance paddled/ran.

Dudes trolling as chic......you can always tell by their general lack of basic female understandings and their overwhelming attempts to "please" other dudes.

12. NJshredmachine

NJshredmachine Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Aloha i have been surfing for yearsi can help you learn its easy i teach plenty of girls to surf big waves in NEW JERSEY! private massage me.

13. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    No kidding, there are definitely more girls than you think here. I mean I just found out yesterday that Erock is a lesbian.

14. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    You're a kook. Go private message yourself.

15. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ^ Ha! And welcome back shredmachine!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  16. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    hey! he got a new avatar picture! I'd love to know where in NJ that blue water slab is! Looks EPIC! Is that from today?

17. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Your all weird. Beyond limits, if your serious, posting pictures of your boobs on a surfing forum is not getting you any closer to successful surfing. Go skate, go run, watch surf videos, row a boat, go swimming, go body surfing, go boogie boarding, watch people surfing, eat some food. Realize that your going to have to make lightning quick decisions and your going to need to drop your ego and put yourself last. It's all about timing and power.

18. kurebeachsurfer

kurebeachsurfer Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I though njshredmachine would have Garrett mcnamaras 100 foot wave as his avatar by now...

19. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    my advice? sit way outside

20. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I'm 6'5" and traded a couch for my 1st board. It was a water logged 5'2" twin fin by Don Smith of Hawaii. At least it kept my head above water.