are you a arrogrant surfer?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    LOL, that's what I meant!

2. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Robot Di*k

3. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    I believe it would be "an" as in, are you an arrogant surfer?

4. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I posted this before (awhile ago) but I caught myself complaining about the waves one time right when a guy in a wheelchair said to me "man I wish I could be doing what you get to do". Every time I find myself complaining about something others only dream they could do, I quickly get some perspective.

5. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I totally do this. I pretend the waves suck and that im not having fun. I do it so people think im better than I actually am.

6. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    How about when your running onto the beach to check the waves because you heard its been pumping all day and you finally got off work and you cant wait to surf. Then, some d1ckhead that just got out of the water walks past you and says, "dude it sucks, it was way better this morning". Its like getting slapped across the face with a cold, raw piece of steak when your not expecting it.

7. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    This is truth. A lot of people don't really realize how much they have until its gone or there is a perception of what could be gone. And health is huge.

My mom sent me an inspiring quote the other day, "Don't wait for things to get better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now, otherwise you'll run out of time."

So during these lulls, learn to appreciate other aspects of life, or focus your energy in a way that's going to make you a better person or time may simply get away. It's a lot easier to preach and a hell of a lot harder to act. That's my sermon for the day.

I'm blessed with some South windchoppe' tonight YEW.

8. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Right on. I consider myself very fortunate that I am able to do this surfing bort riding thing. Heck, I'm lucky that I can go down to the beach anytime I want. Think aboot the poor schmucks that live in Kansas or some place like that. Ugh. I live in a location that doesn't get much good surf but I try not to complain aboot it. Just had two days of knee high short period choppe and it was great. I appreciate every moment I spend in the brine.

9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    In all honesty, to have a maximum surf experience, and spread the aloha, the pura vida, the stoke, it is best when I don't compare.

If I don't compare this day to an epic, or even decent day of waves, then to be out in little mush is great.

If I don't compare how I surf today with how I surfed yesterday, or how well I rode the previous wave, then the ride is in the moment and a great and magical thing.

I have become a bit jaded, and thanks for the perspective ya'll.

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Whoa, whoa....the people in Kansas are probably saying, "Think about the shmucks that live where there is surf--they have to like the ocean while we here in Kansas can ride our tractors in big cornfields".

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I am never jaded. Never.

12. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    And I am happy for them if they feel that way. While I may feel sorry for them I do hope they stay in Kansas or wherever. The ocean sucks. It's dangerous and smells bad.

I ran into a kid from Iowa a few years ago at the beach. It was his first time ever seeing the ocean. His "friends" took him out in some chest high choppe for "surf lessons". He was struggling and truly hating it. He still had Rick Kaine-like dreams of moving to Hawaii to surf though.

13. papa_ciurca

papa_ciurca Active Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Sadly, I fondly remember that swell.

14. WHITEPOWERSURFER

WHITEPOWERSURFER Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Oh papi chulo.

15. Son Bather Bob

Son Bather Bob Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2014
    HAHAHA! I Do this all the time. I usually tell guys they should grab a bigger boart. they always get so pissed

16. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah man. When its OH, I'm happy. The very next day it could be knee high..... I'll be just as stoked. I truly feel bad for people who don't surf. My life is so special because of it. Iv met so many great people because of it. I see things ill remember for ever because of it. Every time i go to the beach to surf in reminded how lucky i am. There are people who live on the very same loooong island as me, bored with there lives. There's nothing to do or see. I think its beautiful. Sunsets or sunrises from the water, an empty beach covered in snow, the wildlife, and the joy that riding a wave gives.

17. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I have never met a happy person from Kansas.

18. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    This is arrogance at its best. There is a certain pride to consider yourself a "true" local.
    Wellput Bassmon!

19. surfin

surfin Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Yeah i call those pea cockers , strutting around with their feathers out doing their mating dance for no reason . But they are fun to watch when their self driven aggravation meets their arrogance . Kinda like a 3 year old thats throwing a tantrum because doesn't want to eat his cooked veggies . You just got to let them do what their going to do , they will tire themselves out eventually .
    i figured mother nature too will get the better of them , send them back to the beach with their tail between theirs legs . I have been there a few times , slow learner and all . i think ever surfer goes threw that stage in some ways . We're territorial animals , some more then others .

20. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I know... this is why I rent now