Being dropped in on.

Discussion in 'West Florida' started by PcolaSurfer850, Aug 24, 2013.

1. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Here is a video from the other day at a crowded line up on the Florida coast. No one was injured and everybody was all smiles at the end.

[video=youtube_share;Uo-FZKoeT5Y]http://youtu.be/Uo-FZKoeT5Y[/video]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    This post will probably elicit only about, oh, 900 comments.

3. Dawn_Patrol

Dawn_Patrol Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Yankee is right but bottom line:

you were not in the right.

The wave was a left and there were people paddling for it and getting to their feet right behind you.
    you didn't look to your right as you were padding in, and didn't yield to those who were closer to the peak.
    The guy who dropped in on you did the same thing you did. just a bit more blatantly.

Honestly it looks like one of those cluster-f lineups where everyone, including you, is just focusing on themselves, in your case literally with the go-pro.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  4. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    you should be mad about that guys dropping in on you because he was clearly a danger to you and others in the lineup surfing like that, that person needs to get some lessons to learn about surf ettiquette

5. PhiloSurfer

PhiloSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Dude... are you serious? You must have never seen anyone else make one of these posts before...

Prepare to be eviscerated! Good luck!!!!

6. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Moot is right, I'm starting to see what really happend and why it was the way it was. But what made it all good in the end. Everybody was smiling and having a good time. To me, there is no bad day on the water. Unless jaws says hey.

7. es-dot

es-dot Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    you dropped in on the girl and then snowballed her wave.

8. clintopher

clintopher Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    4 people taking off for the same wave...yeah, I'd surf somewhere else.

9. daringharry

daringharry Member

Aug 4, 2011
    You were taught wrong.

10. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    I guess I should have added more to the video, it does look like I messed her wave though. I guess it's all about perspective.

11. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I guess go pros are like CCTV for the lineup. Plead your case, jury watches the footage, and we make the verdict. Do you want us to beat that guy up? :p

12. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    We hope you made amends by taking her out for beers and then servicing her. It's only the chivalrous thing to do after dropping in on a chick in a two-piece.

13. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    True that, and nah...we're cool.

14. banman

banman Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    That guy that dropped in on you might not have dingedy our board if he actually knew how to surf. Can barely even turn, and the rashy...oh the rashy

15. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    So you were taught first to the feet wins regardless of position relative to the peak, well that's obvious from the video. 1st you made a decision that the chick did not have the correct board to make the wave so you would just take it, then you did not look left to see the two other guys paddling closer to the peak. Then you post said video on here saying you were dropped in on. Really!?!?

16. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Yulp...it's all about how you see. I get what you are saying, I'd be the same as you from what I saw from the video. But the truth of the matter is, I didn't run anybody off the wave, It's not like I'm out at a point break where the line up has a point, this is the Gulf of Mexico, random waves breaking anyway it wants.

17. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    You didnt look at all!! LOL

18. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    You don't get it i guess. I could see her to my right as I was paddling i was further back. It's called peripheral vision. It's something most people have the capabilty to handle.

19. PcolaSurfer850

PcolaSurfer850 Member

May 14, 2012
    Haha this has been fun, never posted on here before. I know what not to post now. God Bless America.

20. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    First to feet is not right, and its not your job to determine if someone has the right or wrong board to get down the line. Ive dropped in on people that I have seen blow wave after wave, barely getting to their feet before the straighten out in the flats. It was that or paddle around them everytime to get the peak which in my judgement would have been worse for them since they want to go straight anyway. That video turns my stomach, summer is wearing thin on me.