Bermuda high swell

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Swellinfo, Jul 12, 2012.

1. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Surfing? That's what this forum is about? I thought this forum was about coin collecting.

2. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Just a throwback to go with the Summer Swell thread

3. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    ive seen some good bra high days over the years out of now where come to think of it.

4. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    2 years later...it is happening again...almost to the day....minus the offshore winds

5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    yea - two weeks fun small waves and a one day hurricane swell thrown in. good month so far.

6. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Nothing clears the lineup better than talk of the shark you saw 20 min ago. I put a parking permit sticker on the bottom of my board once in Deal and told everyone they would get a big fine if they too did not get thier surf permit. About 3/4 of the people out there got out and tried to figure out where to get one. My friend once swam underwater and dropped a deuce in the middle of the crowd, it worked but I got out too. Be creative you can figure out how to make the people leave.

7. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Getting some offshore winds in the a.m., oh that's right, Florida doesn't get offshore winds....haha, should be really fun, cant wait, waist to chest, been long overdue.

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    This morning was near perfect, no offshores in FL though hahaha

9. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    Where you headed this morning. ..need to catch up. It's not happening where I'm at going to head north.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Check Your PM

11. rayve

rayve Member

Jun 29, 2011
    we don't need no stinkin' Bermuda High on Long Island. we had some very fun surf from the south swell, but southwest windswell chop just doesn't cut it.

12. ThatSlyB

ThatSlyB Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I haven't surfed all summer. Not because I don't like small waves. I'll surf anything my log can catch. But when I even think about surfing in the summer in my head all I can think about is the 30 other surfers knocking into me. If it happens to get over 3 feet that number can skyrocket. One time, in 3 foot choppy but not blown out conditions, I counted with binoculars (my friend can back me up on this, no exaggeration) over 80 people off the same jetty (it's the big jetty somewhere near Deal, not that it would be much of a spotburn to name). There is 2 main waves, one that breaks off the jetty and one that breaks in a little further and maybe 20 yards over. I ended up going to the next jetty to the left where I surfed with 3 other people. Go figure.

Winter time isn't so bad there unless it's head high+. But even then its nothing loike an ankle high day in summer. "bad crowd" in winter for me is more then 5-6 people at a popular spot.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Looks like we missed each other, hope you made it out, it was glassy and offshore with some waist to chest sets, occasionally a plus set would roll through, had an incredible session, best I've surfed, possibly ever.

14. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    I didn't get your pm until late, but we were at the same park, I was riding the board with the red and blue paint scheme on the tail section.

15. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Saturday was really fun, wasn't it? Today choppier but still fun :) glad you and DP got some fun too!

16. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    yea Betty got some really fun ones today, deff. saw some chest+ size today, had a really good time today...about time, we've been in a slump for a while now.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That's crazy, so we somehow ended up at the same spot anyways? HAHA I don't know if I saw you or not, If you walked out the main entrance by the clubhouse and then headed North on the beach about 50-100 yards I was down there, at first all by myself as the sun was rising but as you probably noticed it got kinda crowded as the the morning went on. I stayed till about 10:45 and then had to take off. By that point I was tired anyways, been surfing all day every day since Thursday. Pretty sure I was the only guy riding a Coil out there though. Did you have a hat or rash guard on? I met several people this morning, very cool crowd till the late crowd showed up, then it kinda turned into a zoo. Anyways, glad you got it good too.

18. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    No man I kind of stayed in front or a little south of the main entrance, the crowd was a little thinner there, had any wave I wanted, stayed there up until 2:30 or so, had a slight onshore wind in the afternoon but it really didn't hurt the wave any...jeez, did I get fried.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha, there's a nice little break right there, right in front of the lifeguard stand is probably where you were at. Next time you are thinking of hitting that spot again any weekend let me know.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah man, it was some of the best quality surf we've had in a while. Better than anything Arthur brought us, that's for sure. Waaaay under-forecasted too which is always welcomed. Didn't stop the crowd from coming out, but getting out at sunrise was the trick. I put a hole in the tail of my LB Friday evening so the 6'4" was all I was riding, which I wasn't sure would be enough board but when the swell came up it actually turned out to be the right board and glad I didn't worry about fixing the ding on the LB, i'll get to that this week sometime. You should visit your Pops dude, get some good surf in while you're here. Heal that sternum though, can't imagine how that feels.