Bertha

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by zach619, Aug 4, 2014.

1. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Score reports. Updates. Whatever, now that she is making her way up the coast.
    [​IMG]
    4ft @ 9 seconds right now. Light variable wind, 5kt.

Waiting for the tide to come up some...

She is parked down off Florida right now, hopefully you guys in the sunshine state are getting it in today.

2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    That's a nice looking track for a change.

I'm clocking out early yet I can't concentrate anymore

3. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i think we will get some waves today if the wind keeps off. how has burkes been.

4. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Heading down there around 12-1ish if you want to go. Taking an extra long lunch break today. been watching the cams at Palmetto Dunes and Burkes. The Dunes house looks a little better, but with this low tide, there isn't much going on. There is definitely swell out there. The lines are coming in nicely. North Forest might be the call too, but I will be pressed for time, so you know where I will be.

It was calling for winds upwards of 15MPH or so today. So far, its pretty dead wind. I think the winds are coming from the NE from the top band. If it stays like this though, we are golden.

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
  6. BANANABREAD

BANANABREAD Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Yeah, nice track...I wish she would 'park' aka felix...moving way to fast for any extended swell...anyway, sounds like the perfect lunch.

7. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Looking a bit messy out there right now. I am hoping the the wind is more favorable tomorrow and Wednesday afternoon.

8. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    The most recent one in memory that parked out there was Leslie from 2012 Labor Day weekend. The storm was further out in the Atlantic but it just churned there for the entire week.

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  10. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Damn thunder is rolling in right now about an hour before I plan to paddle out. Hopefully the thunder/lightening wont last long and I can get out in a few hours. Everything was lining up perfectly until the thunder came.

And we just found 2 stray dogs with collars and no tags running through out parking lot. They are tied up inside of our woodshop right now. Putting the pics out on facebook and twitter trying to track down the owners. Completely unrelated, but that was not part of my plan of attack today. Cute dogs though. One is a freaking beast. Brick sh** house.

11. GeorgiaSurfer

GeorgiaSurfer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Lookin great for tybee tomorrow, heading out today to get the first of it.

12. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Leslie was the one that stalled off the coast for a few days right? i think thats the one i went to ocmd to surf. nice barrels then next day was blown out.

13. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    She was good, stalled off Florida and gave us 3 days of clean swell on her journey northward ......

14. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    now cat 1 hurricane!

15. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Nice.

16. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    webdog1.jpg

webdog2.jpg

Attached Files:

17. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    And now the SW to W band is clipping us and the wind switched and picked up to 15MPH ESE with a bunch of rain. Boo.

18. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Patience Grasshopper

19. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    How is it looking down on Amelia?

20. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Chavez; "Hey boss, you know that problem I was having with my ear?"
    Boss; "Yeah"
    Chavez: " Well I have an appt. with an ENT doc on Wednesday morning at 10:30 in Philly."
    Boss: "Ain't there any ENT doctors around here?"
    Chavez: "How the hell would I know, just going to where my doc told me to go."
    Boss: " OK. If whatever is in your ear ends up killing you can I have dibs on your wife?"
    Chavez: 'Sure thing boss, you can have her."
    Boss: "NICE"
    Chavez: (Leaves boss's office, rubs hands together) EVIL laughter.
    I already have a stiffy for Wednesday AM boys. It's on.