best east coast surf shops ?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by bagus, Oct 8, 2014.

1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    bro if your gonna reference an obscure location, maybe spell it right?

2. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    geezus these guys are surfers not scholars - howz brave new world any good ?

3. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Ron Jon obviously.

4. bilthy

bilthy Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if you need to choose from a selection of over 200 flip flops and buy toddler beach wear at 2 am, there is no other place!

5. torn891

torn891 Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Ron Jon? Im so scared for the youth of today.

granted- good for RJ for capitalizing on the culture and making a few bucks...its the american way...but 'Best Surf Shops?" holy shiz..........

oh...BTW Ocean Hut???!!! Can't belive it hasn't been mentioned. Tony G. staving off Brave for all the years....god bless him- He gets my business.

6. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    ya derfs shop!!!

sucks sandy wiped him out,i thought we would rebuild,sucks because that's the closest shop to me and I been goin there for a long time.i supported his biz for years,hes a cool dude.

best shop I ever been to was wavehog in lbi,best place best people.something about lbi,I feel like im in a different state when I go there,everyones friendly,waves are good,they always have good sandbars and u can literally surf everyday from .5ft to 12ft.plus u can drive on the beach.they always let me stash my gear there everytime I go to lbi,il buy some wax and a new surf flick and leave my keys and stuff behind the counter.

there was another decent shop in long branch that closed down a few years ago near the krauzers in that little shopping mall.i remember one swell like maybe 7-8yrs ago in winter,i was surfin out there and I came in and went straight to the shop out of my mind screaming its perfect out there and there isn't a soul in sight!!!wtf is wrong with u people get out there.good times

7. all4blues

all4blues Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks for plugging NA in Buxton. If your ever in there feel free to say hi to the the guy w/the beard behind the counter.

8. surf 757

surf 757 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Juice box surf shop virginia beach va.

9. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    there's this place called wings that i think is pretty sweet

nah, but really +1 on the rainbow, worth the check out make it stop...also MSU in portland...and 1 more, blackpoint is exactly as the OP described as a dream shop

10. CaptJAQ

CaptJAQ Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I wish I got down there as much as I used to. In HS and College, I would take at least two trips to OBX a year, one in the spring, and used to spend Thanksgiving there too. Then the occasional hurricane chase. In fact, we used to stay in Avon! I don't think I've ever been down there without stopping in to Natural Art. Next time I'm down, I'll look for you.

11. Bodhi

Bodhi Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    The Pit, KDH (restaurant/bar/club aside, they always have an awesome selection of new and used boards and The Man behind the counter is cool and knows his stuff), Cavalier, Nags Head (for the small hometown feel you get), and yes..Natural Art down south (I mean it's Buxton, You have to do it right or not do it at all and these guys definitely do it right!)

12. jettyface

Aug 5, 2009
    Bro, I was being facetious. I'm scared for you.

13. jettyface

Aug 5, 2009
    In all seriousness, 3rd Ave Surf Shop in Spring Lake, NJ was a no BS place. Their first spot was barely wide enough to walk through, stacked up with surfboards and proper winter suits. Dude sold me my first board. Unfortunately, they closed down.

14. Ryan McCall

Ryan McCall Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2014
    For up here in northeast either drift or wb's

Surfer supplies was awesome as a kid, heritage was where my first board purchase was from

I remember when pete smiths seemed cool in stone harbor

but I think surf station in st augustine takes the cake on this one... when I was in college they were selling beer. Some dude even tried to break in to steal some.

15. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    O'Hut gets my vote also. Tony is just a super nice guy.

As an aside, Ever seen Tony on land not wearing a tank top? I haven't.

16. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    um, cause they have good selection?

17. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
  18. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    Baja East Point Pleasant, NJ

19. slopman

slopman Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    Sweetwater in WB. Boards, clothes, accessories, hot slores running around. They got it all. Tony butler was the man there.

20. imharri

imharri Active Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Surf-Station in St Augustine is a great shop. More focus on actual surfing gear than clothing Lots of great boards pretty good vibe.

South End Surf shop in WB, Jeff is a great guy, good vibe.