Boycott Patagonia

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Clownface, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    bought a r4 three years ago and it is toasty but I think its heavy as hell compared to my new flashbomb plus 5-4 wayyy beta

2. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    hey bubs, how ya doing bro?

3. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Patagucci's weigh a ton, especially when wet

4. PA_KOOK

PA_KOOK Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2016
    so does yo mama

5. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [video=youtube;PX2zU2g_oj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX2zU2g_oj0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123

The Screen Name Formerly Known As ABC123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Yah I've heard that same complaint from others, but I really don't pay attention to it I guess. Rip Curl makes some legit warm suits. All I wore over the years was Rip Curl wetsuits until recent years, when I became fed up with the shlt quality of their seams. It seemed time and time again I was sending them back after one season of use to be repaired.

May need the R4 tomorrow after the upwelling from the south winds!!!:eek:

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Really a bummer that some cooler brands turn out to be liberals ... I only have one piece of clothing, a jacket, that I got for dirt cheap from Patagonia, otherwise would not have bought it..

ANYWAYS- this is bigger then protecting land. Or anything to do with pollution. ITS REALLY ABOUT taking the power out of the national/fed government and giving it back to the state level, where it belongs. Trump is right in his move, Obama was wrong. Has nothing to do with land, but more to do with the power and over reach of the government.

If you haven't gotten it by now- basically, democrates are the ones who want to fed government to have all the power and take over everything... while republican want to lessen the fed government and give the power back to the individual states, the way it was designed to be.

Ok enough of politics.. and over priced surf gear- let's get back to surfing!

8. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow- did you guys read the last line of the article?!?

I just read it: "But, despite its acclaimed high-minded activism, Patagonia has a troubled history of its own, having been tied to human trafficking and child labor in its supply chain."

Idk if that's true- but there's a reason to boycott the company- if your looking for one.

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Patagonia supports terrorism.

10. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    am i supposed to be outraged about patagonia?

11. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    hey, im doing good man. life is good for the moment. been staying away from the booze but ive had a beer here or there. literally one or two. :) still cleaning up the mess I made, but hey, life goes on.

Leaving thursday. I'm frantically trying to catch up on celestial navigation. Turns out months of not doing complicated math has an effect on your skills. Used to rip through these problems now I feel like a toddler. Dont even know where to start.

Hoping to surf tomorrow. Hope ya'll get some too.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yes. Yes you are. You can now "flip out" and go berserk on all things Patagonia. Outrage has now been sanctioned.

13. DrPin

DrPin Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2008
    I didn't even read the article, but has no one here seen 180 South?

How can you be mad at Patagonia?

14. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    How?
    Buy paying $4.99 and wasting an hour and 20 minutes watching that gawd awful boring pos movie.

15. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    agreed. A neo-hippy jerk off fest

16. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  17. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    this is one thing i will agree with you on.

i bought a pair of their boots for 80 bux (80 f u cking bucks!) and within 3 months they developed a sand lump over my big toe that turned into a hole and they refused to honor the warranty.

also one of my fire friends went to their "nature reserve" in patagonia and said it was basically a ridiculous country club for the ultra rich and privileged. Said they were exploiting the locals for less then living wages and saying they were bringing them out of poverty. Wannabe yuppie granola eating Pigs that started off clean and went to the corpo dark side.

18. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Their CEO looks like a raging bull dyke

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Not trashy enough for you? :cool:

20. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    She looks like scissor me timbers