Bradenton

Discussion in 'West Florida' started by Stranded in Smithfield, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Presenting at a conference at New College and saw the Gulf was up this week. My schedule is surprisingly some what open ...so I got time to surf and stoked that the stars have hopefully aligned for a gulf coast sesh.

Issue: wind conditions likely mean the wifey is not gonna paddle out thus limiting water time (although the beaches do look epic...we'll see how it plays out). I have found no city surfing restrictions posted online and I have a rough idea of places to hit/ avoid.

Question: Not looking for anything specific but it looks like North to South I have 3 do-able options for a surgical strike... Bradeton/holmes stretch of beach...Lido Key... Siesta Key. Trying to limit it down. Any local thoughts or insight for the area?

2. Gilman Photography

Gilman Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    lido key at the beach pavilion is usually fun, twin piers in bradenton is fun but gets crowded

3. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. Need something J-ville way. hit me up.

4. rickysteez

rickysteez New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Anna maria will have good waves on sunday with this due W and the winds early will be offshore. white ave is the spot to be. I am a student at New College! Small world!