Calii forecast

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by shark-hunter, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Damn dude you made ss mad you really got to do something crazy to make him rage. Can't we all just get a long.

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Nah brahs, I ain't mad. I just don't take kindly to unnecessary aggression. Jokes back and forth are one thing, but that was completely unwarranted, especially when we were discussing logical advantages/disadvantages of each. But we were overdue for some vitriol anyway, and I received no notices yet, this will be good to test the waters of what constitutes an infraction point.

Funny b/c this conversation never happens in the water.

3. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    This happens all the time on these type of forums whether it's sking or surfing or whatever. Most(not all) people on internet forums are jerks with major attitude problems.

Trust me, if it was just me on here. There would be a pile on on top of me. Trust me. Internet forum types love to have that 10 on 1 pile on. It makes them feel better about themselves. The fact that there are other bodyboarders on keep the pile on at bay. Surfingwasteland as well as many others have on numerous occasion **** all over bodyboarding for no reason.

4. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    I also find it funny that people always talk about how it's harder to surf. Actually paddling a bodyboard out in big surf requires much more water skills than a surfboard for reasons stated previously.

5. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator Staff Member

May 19, 2006
    Nice argument here, I don't think the bodyboarder versus surfer thing has been done before.

For what its worth, I've bodyboarded for a long time, but ride short boards and long boards now as well. When, its big and throwing, I feel more comfortable on a bodyboard, because that is what I am best at riding. I wouldnt say that it is harder to paddle out on a bodyboard. Although, it can definitely be faster to paddle on a surfboard, the small size of the bodyboard and the ability to switch from using arms to swim fins, makes it very different.

It is all relative though. If you take a sufer, who never rides bodyboards, and put them on a bodyboard with some bodyboard fins, they will get wrecked. I've seen it plenty of times.

6. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    It didn't start as one. It started as a simple discussion relative to paddling/duck-diving each.

7. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, I didn't even look at the forecast, but I pulled up the OB Pier cam, which was my spot for about 10 years and I saw no one out and solid 10 foot conditions... When you see no one out from the pier to the jetty, you know the reefs and points are going OFF. I know those boys are out there getting it in. Miss it. I am sure in a few days, it will be all over surfline... making us all sick to our stomachs.

8. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    My favorite news from the West Coast was an article I saw in early winter titled "Finally Waves for the West Coast" like they forgot about the 30 tropical storm/cyclone swells they got in the summer and fall last year. Talk about sick to your stomach.

9. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Exactly Thread was hijacked

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Actually it was a very slow summer and fall on the West Coast

11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Fo Real! I was just asking a question... And I found it interesting that 2 body boarders had different opinions... Then Lil Kahuna had to make is a boog vs surf thing

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Check out Surfline now... There's 35 pics of bananas surf

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Same here man, I was enjoying talking about the pros/cons of each, and also found it interesting that me and shark-hunter had different opinions on the whole thing. Oh well, was still a good exchange.

14. AndrewIfallalot

AndrewIfallalot Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Fall and Winter are either clear or cloudy. It is late Spring and Summer where we get the AM marine layer; it burns off at the beach around 9 or 10, and that also coincides with the wind turning onshore and ruining the conditions.

I surfed my ass off over the weekend while all the old men and wannabes were making excuses on the cliffs. I have some sinusitis to show for it

15. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    You started a good thread and high jacked it yourself with uninteresting talk of paddling and duck diving kick boards or whatever you call em. Sorry your vagina is still sore. And you're a hypocrite. You hijack almost every thread on this forum whether you know anything about it or not. I'm not the only person on the site is sick of you and your **** shark boy. You know it too. Look at the vitriol you get thrown your way on a daily basis you ass clown.

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
  17. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Why did you take all your pictures of you surfing down? That was some impressive stuff. :rolleyes: LOL

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  18. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Well then...The jury has spoken. I'll leave now. :rolleyes:

19. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    I haven't even been on here in over 5 months. lol And I don't post in 90% of the threads. Look yourself.

20. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Yes there are a lot of jerks on this forum like most internet forums. Tell me something I don't know. You're such an impressive surfer. Do you give lessons on how to shred like that? Your bottom turns are amazing. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014