Calling y'all out!

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by Kahuna Kai, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I know we all post like mad men. Who's up and going to check the surf?

2. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    up and tapping on this odd appliance cause wind onshore 20knots....

3. Lipsmacker

Lipsmacker Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I am. Its raining like hell and kinda cold but I gotta work at 730. Now or never

4. Lipsmacker

Lipsmacker Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Flat. It'll probably be good later.

5. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    It's poop here. how strange.

6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Got out Wednesday evening and yesterday morning. Chest high, but terrible conditions. I was the only a-hole in the water for as far as the eye could see. Usually if anything is cracking ill see a couple other hungry cats out there. Cold, windy and eerie. At least I am going to the golf tournament all weekend. In my ridiculous plaid pants. The surf is flat all weekend anyway.

Kahuna Kai: Aren't you down in the JAX area.... you guys have waves today? I had the opportunity to go down there for work today, but I wouldn't have gotten home til midnight so I said f that.

7. 34thStreetSurfing

34thStreetSurfing Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I'll watch everyone have fun while I work my life away at my cube farm... Everyone surf at the surfersview cam beaches!

Spell out words in the sand! We can play Hangman!

See you at 5:30

8. sponger42

sponger42 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Same deal everyday for me: Paddling my "private beach" awesome spot at nice warm, sunny lunch-o-clock if there's anything. Going for a run on the beach if not. Next week is forecast to be firing.

I was chatting with a guy when getting out the other day. When I told him I was surfing here on my lunch break he said "Best. Life. Ever."

He was totally right. :D

9. 34thStreetSurfing

Aug 13, 2009
    sponger where do you live, and how long is your lunch break?

10. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Tonight should have some money in the drink and definitely the AM. Scoreboard.

11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Got it chest high and decent Wednesday eve, and it was VOS here yesterday, super blown out. My buddy broke 3 ribs fishing offshore when he slipped and fell on a rail. Tomorrow is supposed to offshore chest high fun and frivolity. Have a great weekend you bunch of ( fill in the blank ).

12. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    Heading out for a second session. Big and sloppy!

13. sponger42

Apr 12, 2014
    In CA bruddah, and it's as long as I want it to be. Usually 60 minutes for a run, 90 minutes (20 of those being getting from the desk/clothes to in the lineup/wetsuit and back again), but sometimes 3, or just the rest of the day, when it's firing.

14. SHREDSLED

SHREDSLED Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Surfed some weak but clean waist high waves on LI this AM.

15. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    Just finished the second session. Surfed out!

16. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I was on my way to Mase when you posted this thread... Best session I've had so far this year by far, and also the longest. It didn't necessarily qualify as Epic Mase but it was most definitely Classic Mase. My arms are noodles.

17. sponger42

Apr 12, 2014
    Solid today. CH-HH and super peaky. Lots of ramps. Glassy to light sideshores putting some texture on it. Too much tide and too little swell for much barrel action beyond a few fold-over spitters. Slabby down pointside way, but serious backwash from the seawall.

18. 34thStreetSurfing

Aug 13, 2009
    Are you looking for a new employee and roommate?

19. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    Sick glad some of you all scored. I am gonna eat a ton and get ready for mañana.

20. sponger42

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't know what I did in a past life to luck into this situation, but I suspect I was Ghandi. :D