Cant wait

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Bad Bug Surfing, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Bad Bug Surfing

Bad Bug Surfing Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2006
    I tell you what. Right now a 6/5/4, a howling noreaster, head high messy waves, 34 degree water and a wind chill of 27 sounds GREAT. And best of all there wouldn't be a f#@%&$g TOURIST IN SIGHT. I went to the beach today, just to get some sun. I went to NS, i saw 37 "surfers" with brand new shiney boards, half of them softtops, newbies were plaguing the water. There were about 5 actual surfers that knew what they were doing, and half the time the A**HOLES wouldn't get out of the way of a decent longboarding wave!!!.

Sorry for the rant... But if your new to the sport and can seem to catch anything decent, YEILD TO THE PEOPLE THAT CAN. And hell if you stop putting up the polyester road block on us, we might give you a couple pointers that will help you catch a couple waves. Then we all can have fun......:D :D

Lets all have fun and enjoy the ocean. Live to surf, Surf to live.

Peace

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2007

Why would you take that long walk to get some sun?:D

I disagree with winter though...I would much rather have warm weather, but I do understand your frustration.

3. steelwave42

steelwave42 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    I hear you... I'll take the desolate winter waves also. It's a whole different ball game now in the summer. It'll test your patience.

4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Its like a sick joke, we east coasters have to deal with in the summer. The weather gets great, the water gets warm, and the waves go lame!

I'll take september through november over any other time of the year.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Second that...September through November rocks!! So can March through May but it is colder...

6. Bad Bug Surfing

Dec 15, 2006
    Its the least crowded with crum-crushers that kick sand and squeel. Trust me.. I think thats worth the walk alone.

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2007

agreed 100 percent.

8. surferboi0911

surferboi0911 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2007
  9. No.6rider

No.6rider Well-Known Member

May 27, 2007
    lol damn, good description i jus got a shrinker thinking about those days! neways yeah sept-nov r bomb!!! Looking forward to it!

10. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    going against popular belief, I think that october, november (right after the peak hurricane season) tends to be best. Of course we can get good tropical swells, but October, November tend to offer consistent surf (from the tropics and also frontal systems) and good conditions. While a lot of times with tropical swells, the wind don't always cooperate.

11. Bad Bug Surfing

Dec 15, 2006
    I still remember last november... It was mainly in the 70's, and it seemed like the swell always hit on the weekends, and all weekend it was great. I hope this year holds up to last years track. Well see.:D

12. steelwave42

steelwave42 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gimme Ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah fall, REAL nice... but there's something about riding in the winter on the east coast that does it for me. First and formost the size. Second the desolation. But for all you warm water/weather junkies, it is cold. I rode in a 4/3 last winter, and numbness will come and go. But man do those post surf hot showers feel good. So for the one or two guys who roughed it at my spot last winter... I'll see ya soon!;)

13. Db2k5

Db2k5 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2007
    44 days until september...

14. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2007

:cool: :) :D

15. TDTubes

TDTubes Well-Known Member

May 30, 2007
    personally oct-dec is best, still remember the best barrel I ever had in OC (maybe ever) was in the begining of Dec one year. Sept is good for size but usually junky with the winds...

16. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2007
    I dont know why...im just a big fan of september...warm warm water...starting to get those nice breezes...crowds slimming down...fun waves...
    :cool:

whats up tommy.
    :)