Cape Cawk, Mass

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Madma, May 9, 2017.

1. Madma

Madma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I've scored it a couple times up there. Anyone else ever take the journey?

2. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016

3. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Heading out there this weekend for a camping trip actually. Hopefully the wind will cooperate! Beware the man in the gray suit!

4. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    say hello to whitey for me! he'll remember the smell of my shatt as it leaked out my suite!

5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Was going to head there this past weekend but ended up going to Newport instead. Its definitely on the to do list. Looks like it could be fun

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Never bin..

Not really any reason to leave Belmar... the waves are always perfect here and the waters always warm

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Good thing about the Cape is that it is a long long beach with dozens of peaks and breaks. No need to be crowded, and waves can get large and decent if a storm is "out there". Much better than NH anytime.
    But, humans being the parasites that they are, first person in the water determines where the crowd will be. Never understood that- miles of breaks and everybody crowds up together. That tells me surfers are gays, or afraid of sharks, or both. There just is no other reason for it......

8. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Pink where you going camping??

Cape was on fire Sunday and Monday, check out Capecodsurf on IG for evidence.

Yes Barry, it is a very long stretch of beach with countless peaks, especially when its oversand permit season. One of the only places i prefer to surf with a few people and not alone- and yes, that is because i am scared of sharks. They are big and fast and have lots of teeth and hang out along the shore and kill seals in front of you

9. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    well barry, there are an a$$ ton of peaks, but only so many hollows to park at, so that's part of it and a lot of the beach access is "private" (at least along the nat seashore) or you gotta walk a long a$$ way on the beach to get down to another peak. why bother when you can park, get out, stroll down a dune and get right in with maybe a handful of surfers

IMG_1585.jpg

I head out there every Columbus day weekend. convinced myself to bring a bort a couple years ago but then Katherine pinged 1/4 mile off where we stay just before we left town to head down. later that weekend I strolled down to the beach to find a f09kin murder scene - blood everywhere at the high tide line and a trail up to the dunes. seal got nailed by something with teeth, bled out on the beach, then got dragged and picked apart down to the bones by some land mammal

so when I go I only body surf the shore break and watch others whilst drinking beer down at one of the hollows - odds are too high. even the body surf sketches me out though. I've spent a lot of time scanning the water though and I haven't seen anything but seals trolling between the bars for fish.

for those that venture though coast guard and south shore is the only one that most won't touch anymore. eastern shore still considered "safe"

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Cape Cod...the new Reunion Island

11. foamieswithmyhomies

foamieswithmyhomies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    CC sucks, it's always so damn cold. Cold water, cold air. You practically need to wear jeans and a sweatshirt year-round. How is that summer? Beware of the hordes of pasty Irish that love that climate. Can't get a sunburn if you don't need to take off your sleeves!

12. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Heh. It's so interesting to read this thread; I kind of wish I hadn't clicked on it.

I've only been up to Cape Cod twice, but I loved it both times. Both times I surfed Nauset Light completely alone.

I remember my first session there, there were seals absolutely everywhere. It was a little unnerving as they'd pop up, look around, see me and then violently plunge underwater. I was never 100% confident one wasn't going to get aggro and give me a nibble; the water was so opaque that there's no way I'd see them coming.

Second time up there there were far fewer seals, but I almost broke my neck falling headfirst onto a sand bar in about 6" of water. I had no idea it was so shallow, and I just fell stupid.

But I certainly never even thought about sharks. I honestly had no idea they were even out there. I've never not surfed somewhere due to sharks, but you guys have definitely made me wonder if that's the right attitude.

I kind of liked it better when I just didn't know, I think.

13. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
  14. foamieswithmyhomies

foamieswithmyhomies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    I kid, I kid. Haven't to the Cape in a very long time (family used to go there when I was younger), but I didn't buy all the hype surrounding the place.

15. HelpHelpLetMeOut

HelpHelpLetMeOut Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    seems like snobby colder fancy obx, but I never been so I could be wrong

16. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    We're camping right outside P-town. If the sharks don't get you, then the bears will!

It sounds like my only chance this weekend will be Saturday before the Noreaster blows in. Who the fock wants to go camping in a Noreaster? Oh ya, my wife does...

17. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    lmao!

18. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    dropped my wallet one time in P.TOWN, kicked it all the way to TRURO before I bent over to pick it up! lol

19. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    its not a question if a swimmer, surfer gets bit,it a question when! had my one close encounter. horrific feeling seeing a shadow the size of what looks like a station wagon heading your direction! good story but fk that!

20. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016