Career / Life Advise Tread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Aug 9, 2018.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That’s what’s up! That’s good money, but too far South for me, small swell window, getting to surf regularly would be more of a chore like when I lived outside of Tampa.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  2. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Sounds like the issue is with your outlook and mind set. Don't take any of this the wrong way. Because i mean it in good hearted way.

You realize you need change. And your applying and getting your name out there. That's awesome and what you need to do. But ther job search shouldn't hurt your confidence. This is what I'm talking about when i say the issue is with your outlook.

Don't get me wrong, i completly understand. I have been busting my ass for my company for about 5 years now. I get paid ok. But not what i deserve. Im not living paycheck to paycheck (although i was early on) but im still not super comfortable. I need change. I sent applications out. Been doing it for awhile. Nothing stuck. My confidence wasn't hurt though. Somthing would stick. Now im in the process of getting in with the MTA, union, great pay, pension. Nothing is set in stone. It's a competitive position. But i already made it past ther first stage. If it doesn't play out, somthing else will come along. All good.

My point is that you already know what you need to do. So any advice there is somthing you already know. You sound like a qualified and hard working guy. Someone will pay you to do what you do. It's not easy finding them. But it'll happen if you keep those feelers out there. So in the mean time be happy and confident that you have somthing alot of people don't. Drive and work ethic. Don't get all down and stressed and lose confidence. That's a bad situation. Keep the head up and things will happen for you if you keep applying everywhere.

3. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    What's wrong with your finances and why does it sound like you're just about breaking even while single, driving a titled-car, and little debt?

If it's a low-paying gig, you need to be looking for a better job in an area with a low-cost of living so you can put more money in your pocket. Single people in their mid-20s with a decent job should not be as stressed as your are. Save that energy for when you have a family, cus brother it ain't gonna get easier unless your spouse makes bank.

Just my personal experience, smaller companies tend to overwork their employees, you learn a lot, you do alot, there is a sense of accomplishment and it's rewarding, but they are more reliant on you since there is little overhead. The big companies tend to pay a little bit less but the workload is distributed among a bigger group so it doesn't feel like it's all on you. It still depends on the job, but that's just my observation from my own career.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  4. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Am
    Amen to that.

5. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I agree with this statement.