Cheapest Flights?

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by Dune, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dune

Dune Well-Known Member

May 7, 2013
    Whos your go to when planning a trip? Not trying to spend a fortune on air travel flying to cali for two weeks. 5 boards are coming too. Thanks.

2. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Check United. They recently changed their board fees for flights originating or ending in CA...$25.00, same as a regular checked bag.

headhigh and UnfurleD like this.

3. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    american sucks ($150 each way)
    spirit sucks ($200 each way)

La_Piedra likes this.
  4. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
  5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    At least you have a choice when flying.... between horrible and terrible.

6. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Did not know this... thx for the heads up

7. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Wow, really? United was one of the worst.

they probably still are the worst, but at only $25 a pop, it makes their suckiness a bit more tolerable

I don't know how Trevolution does it, but he hunts every single resource on the web and comes up with some unbelievable deals.

But I'm also pretty sure he gets some incredibly low budget flights with some hella layovers.

Reminds me when I took a 2nd Class Mexican train from Mexicali to Mazatlan. I think it cost around $20 US, but you're traveling with chickens and pigs and your poop goes straight from the "toilet" to the tracks lol

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  8. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    yeah, I double checked the united thing, and they are saying $30 - still a hell of a deal.

I know skyscanner you can use to search for flights to a destination a month at a time, as in search the month of January for all flights to San Juan from Norfolk/VB. Someone else told me about kiwi.com. You can get super cheap flights, but you'll have a sh!t-ton of layovers. All depends on how much you want to spend on comfort vs savings