Claw gloves

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by EastShoreRider2, Nov 26, 2010.

1. EastShoreRider2

EastShoreRider2 Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I went ahead and bought the Hyperflex deal too at Wetsuit Warehouse, it's like I couldn't resist the price. I was just looking for a non-5 finger glove cause my Xcel 3m 5-fingers get cold below 43-45.

I'm pretty much limited to weekends December through February anyway. With the lack of waves, I've only used them twice. Yea, the wrist seal is big and the stitching on the inside kinda rubs against my fingers. They have been pretty warm though for now, I'm doubting they will last long. Even when I first opended them up, the glued seams look weak.

I had heard a lot of good things about Hyperflex wetsuits, I guess their glove technology hasn't caught up and maybe that's why they are priced so low.

2. 1vin

1vin Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2009
    I got a pair of patagonia r4 gloves for xmas. Havent used them in the water yet but seem well made.think I might be doing some faceplants though ,all slick on the palms , will see

3. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    That always happened to me as well. It also always happened between the fingers on 5 finger gloves as well.

I now wear Xcel 7mil mittons. Super warm, and no leaks in their third season. Prior to these gloves I was lucky to get through a season with a pair. I highly recomend these, although they aren't cheap.

4. cobtaco223

cobtaco223 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
  5. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    body glove vapor 5 mil 5 finger.God gave us 5 fingers for a reason