Comin West

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Zansurf, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Zansurf

Zansurf Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    Alright heres the deal

Me and a couple friends are road trippin out to redondo beach area and were looking for some good la county spots.

I lived in Santa Barbara for six months last summer and plan on making a run back to the con for sure, but we will be stayin in la and i already know about crowds and blah blah blah so save the locals only stuff and let me know where a solid spot would be close to redondo. I have paddled out in some of the most crowded spots in SB and Ventura and know how to handle myself in a respectful fashion. I'm just tryin to make sure we maximize our surf time out there as we are only staying for four days. Any help would be appreciated.

2. steamfed

steamfed Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    what's up.. i stay in redondo as well when i'm in LA but that beach blows for waves. for some reason it always seems sheltered from the energy - you're best drivin further south past long beach and into orange county. i've had some pretty awesome sessions in huntington.

but, if you really want to surf in LA county i would suggest north into hermosa or go south into palos verdes. it's all cliffs in PV but there are trails to get down, you'll see groups of surfers where the waves tend to break for awhile. feel free to ask anyone suiting up how to get down and they're usually happy to walk down with you. :)

3. Zansurf

Zansurf Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    Appreciate the help man but what is with the west coast forums. It was literally two days to get one reply. Check the east coast (especially mid-atlantic) forums and there is so much activity. Call up you friends get em in here swell info is the place to be when your not in the water.

4. kennyandtheskull

kennyandtheskull Active Member

Dec 28, 2007