Costochondritis- Rib cage inflammation

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by JohnnyCornstarch, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Fellow medical colleagues, I need your expertise. Ever since about a month ago when I failed at an air and ended up landing on my board stomach first I've been having some acute pinching problems in my upper left rib cage. At first I thought it was pretty serious like a heart issue but it's so close to the surface it just can't be. Feels like someone is poking me with a small needle or something.

Have been surfing a lot since then and I doubt laying on the board hasn't helped much either. I usually get it when I sit down for longer periods of time at work or while at home watching TV.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This sounds like a chest bone issue to me.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  4. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I concur. Listen to Shelldonne, he does a great job diagnosing chest bone issues all the time. Unfortunately it seems that Paulie has abandonned us so I think you're on your own here.

5. JohnnyCornstarch

Feb 24, 2015
    Seems like it... I'm guessing surfing more hasn't helped the issue more either.

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Sounds like a Zika mosqueetoe transmitting a nasty virus that will shrink your head and brain, assuming of course that you even have a brain.
    Dr. Barry

Three shillings, please.

7. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Try bench presses, I read on this here forumme that it helps most ailmentes.
    Seriously though, that sucks. Hope it heals soon for you, at least you still getting out into the water. I'm a firm believer in ocean water cures

8. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Have you tried doing the same maneuver but land on the right side this time? Evening things out might help.

9. JohnnyCornstarch

Feb 24, 2015
    No that's just a disease made by the illuminati for population control to prevent all the people down south from having babies, genius though. Your shillings are en route though.

10. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    in all seriousness, the cartilage around the ribs take forever to heal when injured! sounds like you haven't stopped moving so its gonna take some time!

11. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Go see a doctor bonehead....I'm sure Obama will take care of you.

12. KOOKamungya

KOOKamungya Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    u r on a reality television show, and ur room-mates are joining forces against u-their plot is to stick pine needles,and itching powder in ur underwear...that they reason shall drive u crazy...they will commence to vote u off the island and make fun of u once ur gone!

ha ha television is so creative during these modern times.

13. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ^^^^ this is the reason youngsters shouldn't drink and do drugs!!!!

14. EMazzSpicoli

EMazzSpicoli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2015
    bruh, thought the same thing when reading the title!!

ribbe bonnes