Dallas Police Shootings

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ChavezyChavez, Jul 8, 2016.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Kinda have mixed emotions on this one. It's well known that I'm no fan of the police having been arrested, incarcerated, profiled, harassed, and have witnessed others (all white people BTW) suffer a fate at the hands of the police much worse than mine.
    But the thought of getting revenge or acting out violently towards the police has never crossed my mind. I lie in the bed I make. Some cops become cops because of the power trip or because they got their azzes kicked when they were younger and in a lot of these cases the use of power was excessive but what happened in Dallas was wrong.
    I don't know if Black Lives Matter was directly involved in the shooting or not, it doesn't matter. Their message of hate had a 100% influence on the shooter(s). Shouldn't they be labeled a domestic terrorist organization?
    I'm tired of hearing about white guilt and how we, as white people, don't know what it's like to be profiled or looked at differently from the rest of society. I sure do and I'm as white as Seldom's dog Finn.
    This sh!t definitely has to stop!

2. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    There's zero "mixed emotions" for me.
    You are either on the side of civility and respect for law and order, or you aren't.
    There's absolutely no excuse for gunning down police last night.
    Without police and without the law, there is chaos and anarchy.
    And yes there are many people in this country that seem to favor that instead of civility and the law.
    Police have the toughest job in the US. Yes sometimes things go wrong, and yes there are bad cops, but overall they keep this country and the vast majority of law abiding citizens safe.
    Imagine having to respond to a call in the middle of the night of someone with a gun in a bad neighborhood? There's always a high chance that there will be a negative outcome in this situation, either for the cops or the perp.
    They have my respect and condolences for what happened last night.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Based on the words by the scumbag Obama, he has direct responsibility in this shooting--he encouraged it by use of his words over the last couple of days.
    "Period".

4. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    A tragic night in Dallas. And it’s not over by a long, long ways.

Obama is the biggest issue. The Minnesota governor is also contributing to this disaster with his inflammatory statements. As is the NRA. As is Jesse Williams, et. al.

They aren’t offering solutions. They are posturing & playing upon people’s fears.

One does not stand there proclaiming the obvious. Offer leadership, offer solutions.

I have a rule for my Managers: you can’t approach me with a problem unless you have ideas for the solution. You’d be amazed, perhaps, how this simple act of accountability resolves a massive number of items before they become conflagrations that could affect my entire company.

Obama is not managing what is certainly a crisis in the USA. He’s sitting in Poland begging cops to stop killing black people. This is not management. This is a politican pandering to the genpop for more support for himself. He’s a professional politican, not a leader. He’s likely a narcissist just like Jesse Williams.

The correct thing & the critical thing to do is get his ass back over here. Meet with leading law enforcement personnel. Start the process: what can WE do better as a culture to stop the deadly shootings. This does two things: shows the cops he’s not against them & that new training will help resolve this mess; shows the genpop that he’s leading the nation to a solution. Instead of just blaring & blithering about it.

The first thing is to change the training regimens of law enforcement. Shoot to kill if you’re SWAT, perhaps. Not if you pull over a dude with a broken tail light. Train cops to shoot to judge situations properly & if necessary shoot to disable. Their weapons are powerful enough to stop a bear in its tracks.

Secondly, open up dialogue in communities between cops & citizens.

Third, dial back the abuse of the Fourth Amendment. It’s one thing to have searches at the airport. It’s quite another to see, again & again, yet another Hispanic or black dude sitting on the side of the highway whilst cops from 4 cruisers ransack the car. The Sandra Bland tragedy comes to mind.
    And it's not just people of color - - white folks get the same abuse at the hands of police. Law enforcement has carte blanche to do whatever they want to these days. This, of course, stems from the fear in America. The fear, exacerbated by the politicians, of the war on terror aka the unwinnable war aka the government’s power play for the erosion of citizen’s civil rights.

Fourth, disown & dump the people who have an agenda of hate, or control, of money. The fear mongers. From so-called BLM activists to the NRA. Dial their volume down via the power of action and the power of the spoken & written word offering solutions. That doesn’t mean more laws. It means more morality & accountability as a society.

Most importantly, get everyone on the same page. We are all in this together, although there are many factions who would tell you that’s not so. We are all Americans. Leadership leads by actions. Not sitting in Poland & simpering about stop this & stop that.

Law enforcement has carte blanche to do whatever they want to these days. This, of course, stems from the fear in America. The fear, exacerbated by the politicians, of other Americans, the fear of the war on terror aka the unwinnable war aka the government’s power play for the erosion of citizen’s civil rights.

Problems have solutions. Solutions start at the top.

I wrote this.

5. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I hear you StinkBug. I just mentioned mixed emotions based on my specific past history. But this was a straight up domestic terrorist attack. Worst loss of law enforcement life since 9/11.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's definitely a shame, it should have happened, and the people who did it should be dealt with. BUT, I said it a while back on the "Skateboarding is NOT a Crime" thread that cops need to stop killing and abusing citizens. Never mind the color of the skin, could of been anybody.

So, if the boys in blue don't get their sh*t together, this is the reaction they are going to see, which again I do not agree with, but it's going to happen again if it continues. Just like this terrorism sh*t going on. Unless we deal with it with a heavy fist, it will just continue to happen and will get closer and closer to home. Mark my words.

Act right people, stop f'ing this place up for everybody else who just wants to chill and live their lives. Kill yourself if you're not happy, not others, that's not cool.

7. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    BLM is funded by pro Hillary George Soros. This disgusting incident has taken the spotlight of Hillary. The shooters were highly organized. Some one is behind it and I don't think it was some angry black thugs. Obama/media race baiting. There have been talks of the UN intervening to police the domestic police force. Just a coincidence as the worlds govs move towards globalism? IDK?

8. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Who said they were black (the shooters)? That's an assumption on your part. And white people can be upset about the Minnesota shooting too can't they? Or Spanish, or w/e. And why couldn't they be black? Are you suggesting that black people aren't capable of being well organized, smart, and calculated?

PEOPLE in general are just fed up. No til foil hat needed to understand that.

10. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
  11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Not sure I agree with this statement...

Terrible situation.

12. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    I see plenty of whites defending BLM. Same number of unarmed whites are killed by cops every year as blacks. No ones protesting White Lives Matter and mobs of whites marching to kill cops. BLM was founded by an FBI most wanted cop killer and funded by George Soros who gives money to Hillary. Just facts DPSUP. Not making conclusion, but sounds fishy enough to warrant investigation based on motive. No? When's the last time you saw international news headlinet about a cop killing an unarmed white guy? Never. when the last time you saw whites riot and destroy towns over a cop killing an unarmed white guy? Never. Some one is stirring the pot considering blacks make up only 13% of the US population.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    My only point is there's a lot of assumptions you're making. Let's just wait and see what the facts are as they are figured out. Not saying it's not possible, but it doesn't have to be a conspiracy all the time. Sometimes it's just people getting fed up and doing something about it. Lots of trained folks in this country could of pulled it off.

14. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    "An Army veteran “upset about Black Lives Matter” and “recent police shootings” who opened fire Thursday night in Dallas in an attack on police officers has been identified as Micah Xavier Johnson, the Los Angeles Times and CBS News report.

Five police officers were killed and seven were wounded, officials said. Two civilians were also wounded in the shootings. Johnson, 25, was killed when a police robot detonated a bomb near him following a standoff that lasted several hours, Police Chief David Brown said Friday at a press conference.

“The suspect said he was upset with white people and wanted to kill white people, especially white officers,” Brown said."[​IMG]

15. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    Read my edited post. Yes people are fed up but how has it escalated to this. This is borderline race war sh!t happening. How the Fuk did BLM get so damn big?!

16. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    You don't think the media is biased on cops killing blacks vs whites?
    It's clear race baiting.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ Boom. So was he part of some conspiracy or just someone who snapped?

18. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    How come he's not shooting cops for killing innocent whites?

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

This incident is exactly why we need assault weapons......

20. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Crazy times. Glad I have my rifle.