Do you know Mid-autumn?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by hancafe, Jul 12, 2019.

1. hancafe

hancafe New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the big, unique and annual traditional festivals, which is organized wildly in some Asian countries like Vietnam, China, Korea, Thailand ... Although Mid-Autumn Festival officially took place on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month but before that every month, people were eager to prepare and purchase.

Vietnam
    The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the traditional festivals held most aggressively by people in Vietnam. This holiday is usually recognized as "children's Tet", so adults in addition to buying baked goods and flexible cakes on incense on the full moon day of the 15th of the lunar month, also buy a lot of toys for children and grandchildren.
    On the full moon day of August, people often give each other moon cakes with the meaning to wish everything in life is full and full, because of this, the cake is a dish, the gift is valuable. God cannot be missing on the Mid-Autumn Festival. In Vietnam, there are two types of cakes: Banh deo and Banh nuong such as bánh trung thu trà xanh, bánh trung thu gà quay, bánh trung thu socola, bánh trung thu bào ngư,... It just to name a few.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I think if we all chip in we could fly chavez there... its the right thing to do!

3. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I'm more familiar with Oktoberfest...
    Oktoberfest is the world's largest Volksfest (beer festival). Held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany, it is a 16- to 18-day folk festival running from mid or late September to the first weekend in October, with more than six million people from around the world attending the event every year...
    The Oktoberfest is an important part of Bavarian culture, having been held since the year 1810. Other cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebrations that are modeled after the original Munich event.
    During the event, large quantities of Oktoberfest Beer are consumed: during the 16-day festival in 2013, for example, 7.7 million litres were served.

Panhandler and UnfurleD like this.
  4. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    O Hancafe

seldom seen likes this.
  5. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I put the icing on your mom's moon cakes

Panhandler likes this.
  6. SandAss

SandAss Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Charlie Don't Surf, But We Think He Should

7. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    No but I know Autumn Falls.

La_Piedra likes this.
  8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Autumn, also known as fall in American English and sometimes in Canadian English,[1] is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer to winter, in September (Northern Hemisphere) or March (Southern Hemisphere), when the duration of daylight becomes noticeably shorter and the temperature cools considerably. One of its main features in temperate climates is the shedding of leaves from deciduous trees.

Some cultures regard the autumnal equinox as "mid-autumn", while others with a longer temperature lag treat it as the start of autumn.[2] Meteorologists (and most of the temperate countries in the southern hemisphere)[3] use a definition based on Gregorian calendar months, with autumn being September, October, and November in the northern hemisphere,[4] and March, April, and May in the southern hemisphere.

In North America, autumn traditionally starts on September 21 and ends on December 21. It is considered to start with the September equinox (21 to 24 September)[5] and end with the winter solstice (21 or 22 December).[6] Popular culture in the United States associates Labor Day, the first Monday in September, as the end of summer and the start of autumn; certain summer traditions, such as wearing white, are discouraged after that date.[7] As daytime and nighttime temperatures decrease, trees shed their leaves.[8] In traditional East Asian solar term, autumn starts on or around 8 August and ends on or about 7 November. In Ireland, the autumn months according to the national meteorological service, Met Éireann, are September, October and November.[9] However, according to the Irish Calendar, which is based on ancient Gaelic traditions, autumn lasts throughout the months of August, September and October, or possibly a few days later, depending on tradition.[citation needed] The names of the months in Manx Gaelic are similarly based on autumn covering August, September and October. In Argentina[10][11], Australia[12] and New Zealand, autumn officially begins on 1 March and ends on 31 May

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I would never even consider going to a festival full of slopes..not me. I won't even go to a chinky-type restaurant. Yech.

10. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013