EC Oil Exploration, Official as of Friday

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Jul 23, 2014.

1. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Saved my as$ one time. 7-8 years ago, an off duty cop in SD shot Steve Foley, and starting tackle for the Chargers. The guy was in an unmarked car, followed him 15 miles home cause he thought he was speeding. Never called it in. Foley pulls up in front of his house, and the guy pulls up right behind him. Foley gets out, and his girl stays in the car. Foley is a monster and goes to confront whoever has followed him to his home. This guy gets out of the car, and shoots him 4 times. Ending his career....

Next day, we are suiting up in the OB jetty lot. A little 4'10" cop slowly creeps by and goes by us. He is about 20 feet away, and my boy says something like "Don't you have something better to do, like shoot a pro athlete for no reason"? He thought he was out of ear shot. Screech. Cops slams on breaks. Throws car in reverse. Jumps out on us and it turned into a sh** show.

Show me your ID... But, I didn't say sh** to you.
    I'm searching your vehicle.... No....
    WATCH ME!
    Fine... There aint sh** in there. Go for it.
    This is my town. I know your vehicle, you are fu**ED. I am going to pull you over every time I see you. I will make sure you go to jail at some point.
    But sir, again, I didn't say a word to you. Why are you harassing me?

OB, being OB, about 2 minutes into the conflict, we had 30 people surrounding us. Most of them yelling at the cop. Saying leave him alone. Why are you harrassing him. People had their camera phones out, recording... Finally the cop turned around and realized that everything he was saying to me, which was completely out of line and could have cost him his badge.... He cooled down really quick. He asked me to step aside, and then he got all emotional with me. I am sorry. I am just out here trying to keep you guys safe. Trying to do my job. Blah Blah.... I was like sir, I respect that, but again, I didn't say a word to you. My friend did, who you said nothing to. He doesn't have a car or a license. But you decided to run my license, attempt to search my car and threatened to harrass me everytime you see me. That wasn't very cool. He apologized again and snuck off to his car and drove away.

I saw him many times after that and he never said a word. I was REALLY pissed at my boy, like you are a fu**ing tool, running your mouth to cops for no reason, now my vehicle has a bulls eye on it, so if I have a beer after a session and this guy sees me on the road, I am going to jail. Thanks di**...

But thank goodness for the fine people of OB surrounding us with cell phones, cause had that not happened, I would have probably been pinned to the hood of my truck getting billy clubbed by a midget about 5 minutes later....

Always run that cellphone on the cops. I am no cop hater, and that is WELL documented on this site. But every vehicle they are in is always filming us. They have cameras EVERYWHERE. street lights, street corners, they can pull footage from security cams... They are always watching us, so we have EVERY right to watch them right back....

If you ever get pulled over, start a voice recording on your cellphone and set it down. Do whatever you need to, just to make sure that there is some accountability.

2. ZombieSurfer

ZombieSurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I agree with you, and just for clarification I don't have any vendetta directed towards oil companies specifically, I'm just not a fan of corporations in general and how ethics and morals are thrown out the window nowadays when conducting business. And if everyone lived like me the world probably would have stopped spinning by now lol. I just trying to get my feet above water and the wheels spinning again, all in good time though. Being realistic, the need for oil isn't going to change anytime soon and I accept that and I actually enjoy combustion engines versus electric/hybrid counterparts, I feel there is a type of romanticism associated with a series of controlled explosions to propel a vehicle versus an electric circuit. Electrics seem to be the way tech is headed in terms of transportation, but in the mean time I just think the ways and means of acquiring and using oil products could be much safer and efficient. Squeeze the most amount of energy out of each little drop of gas/oil. The amount of kinetic energy lost just from the transfer of power from a cars motor to the wheels is a high percentage. While r&d is happening on alternatives, the initiative should be how to get as much use out of what oil we already have now instead of just trying to physically get more and more oil.

3. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    something I learned a long time ago never badmouth a cop.my last ride had tinted windows,and after I got on their radar Id get pulled over 4-5times a fukin day for tinted windows.it doesn't matter if ur a criminal or a civilian,they will find a way to rape u.i never did anything wrong so id get bs tinted window tickets which is 54bucks in nj.I probably paid over 6grand alone in tint tickets.i refuse to take tint off,i don't bow down to their gestapo tactics.

filming cops is a great idea aslong as they don't see u filming.look at the fat black guy they choked to death in ny.if it wasn't for the camera recording the entire murder,those cops would still be on the beat this minute.technology changed everything.if they can spy on us we should be able to spy on them,just don't get caught.people with authority are not to be messed with lol.look at the Israeli Palestinian war thingy going on.its like 700 dead Palestinians and around 30 dead Israelis and they call that justified.i seen they attacked a school at un headquarters where the un was protecting the civilians that fled,and they even killed an American school teacher.2 things that will fuk u in the life,talking shyt about cops and jews in public.i just want to say I have upmost respect for the jew community and the officers that rape us financially.thank u very much

4. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    why - so the guards can tell you NOT TIL SIX!

5. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Never consent to a search PERIOD!!! If a cop asks for your ID in anything but a traffic stop you are not obligated to show it and you should always ask if you are being charged or detained. If they say no you do not have to produce anything or stick around. As far as filming, the ONLY way its illegal is if you are impeding an investigation. They may also pull, I don't consent to this and can arrest you for wiretapping. That is BS, Police are not included in the privacy provisions of taping laws.

6. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    Just remember, big bad evil companies can't legally lock you in a cage or kill you. Government can!

7. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    you are a moron. Im not disputing that oil owns everyone, its just because you thought your vote counted.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  8. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Was watching one of the cheesy "Craziest videos" shows on the late night. It had russian dash cams. Some guy cut these dudes off and he had his camera rolling, at the next light, they pull up ahead of him, slam on the breaks, get out, pop the trunk and pull baseball bats out. Needless to say the guy hopped right back in the car and fled. It was just funny as sh** seeing how sh** is in Russia. This was like in Downtown Moscow at noon on a Friday. Dudes just jump out with bats, like, lets do this man. Russia is such a sh**hole.

9. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    If there ever was a reason for Repugnicans to impeach OBush, Blasting the brains of innocent critters would be it. But whales aren't job creators. and if Gawd wanted them to live, he would never had allowed us to invent sonic cannons.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  10. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Good thing that ghost didn't hide your pipe this morning. WTF are you talking about?

11. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    bullsh@t !!! the vote is actually the only way that we can fight back but the system is based on people being too divided and too lazy to vote. even people who vote, rarely ever contact their elected rep ever again. why do business interests win? its not just the money, its that they pay people full time to be in the face of politicians to lobby for what they want while the voters sit at home and ***** but do nothing. the margins of many elections are really narrow and primaries have so few voters that a few pissed of people can put the fear of god into the pols. look at the tea party and the NRA and what they have done to the repubs.

pols need the money to buy the ads to get the votes but w/out the votes, the money doesnt matter.

if every surfer, fisherman, ocean front businessman and beach house owner picked up the phone and called Obama and their congressman every day for a week - they would tell shell and the others to stick their sonic guns up their asses! but we would have to do it every month or so for the rest of time, because the lobbyists are always there working it. if you want change, you cant do it just once - it would be a WWI style war or attrition

12. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

just reading this now but thought i could clear something up.
    bigger solar companies will install a solar energy system for you at little to no cost up front.
    one option is a lease. this is when the company installs a system that will produce about 100% of your usage at no cost but you do not own the system and you pay the solar company for the energy you use. this is a good option if the rate you pay the solar company is lower than what you pay your utility now. and if you cannot afford to buy the installtion out right.
    another option is financing. most companies and some utlities/ state agencies have a low interest loan for solar installs. you just want to make sure the system produces 110% of your usage and your loan payment is lower than your electric bill. which in most cases it will be.
    With the technology of panels/inverters today you can put panels almost anywhere and create your usage. you just may need more or higher wattage panels to produce what you need if you are in a shaded area. you may also need to cut the trees. a good solar contractor will do a shade analysis and create a design area that avoids shade as much as possible. if there is shade on 1 panel it can effect a large portion of the system but by using things like microinverters or string optimizers you can increase the design factor significantly.

basically there are enough options out there now so that every home can get solar and that helps decreases the need for oil exploration. remember almost all solar energy systems are tied into the grid. you create 110% of your usage during the day but it all goes into the grid. At night you are pulling electricity from the grid and the electric company creates most of that energy using fossil fuel.

thought I'd share what I know.
    Anyone wants to PM with more questions feel free. I work in the Field but im not a contractor. ( I won't try to sell you something)

13. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Sorry man, but if you're voting for a Rep or a Dem its the same thing, they are both bought and paid for by the same people. Before the supreme court got involved you could actually see that the same people were funding both sides, now that's hidden by super PACs. Sure they might give a little more to one side, e.g. Obama gets 9 million while Romney get 10 mil, and Obammy might be a lil ticked off that they bet against him, but he's also aware that they dropped 9 very large in his pocket and he has to play ball.

Dem/Rep is like choosing between McDonalds and Burger King. Its all a load of sh*t no matter what you choose. Only its worse, as once you've chosen and the election is over for the next 2/4/6 years you can only eat at that one restaurant. 2/4/6 years of McD's or 2/4/6 years of BK.

You've gotten tired of that crappy whopper so you choose McD's and get to gnaw on a crappy Qtr pounder for a few years, then you get to change back to a crappy whopper.

And all the while they keep telling you its new, better, and different and the other guy's burger is old, nasty, and not fit for human consumption.

Destroying both parties (read: kill their funding) is the only way this country will get back on track.

14. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    the gas tax is about (i think) $1.50 p/gallon. different in most states.
    point is EVERY TIME you fill-up your wallet gets thugged!

15. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Cool, I'm interested in it but am not educated on the subject. The guy I talked with works for a major electric company that produces mostly nuclear power. This was an idea they had to take the strain off them and serve more people with a smaller operation. The way he explained it was they would own and install the equipment if you gave them the easement to go on your roof.

How much for 1500 sqft of roof? If you covered your roof with solar panels what kind of reinforcement do you need? maintenance?

16. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    True that. I am not trying to jump on the "votes don't count" thing, cause everytime that is brought up, people get nasty and disrespectful. But I couldn't agree with you more on this statement.

I also agree with the one before that, stating that if every coastal home owner, surfer and fisherman in the continental US blew up Obama's phone once a day for the rest of eternity, "MAYBE" and that is a very weak "MAYBE" someone would listen.

I used to think that only the large scale, presidential elections were a joke, but I have put a lot of effort and support into local campaigns in adult life, all to see them STOLEN away. I.E. Donna Frye (Legendary surfer's Skip Frye's wife). She ran for the San Diego mayoral position in 2010. She ran on a coastal/environmental campaign. First order of business, was to stop the sewage dumping into the ocean and fix the cities drain and water system that has been broken for the last 50 years. She was a local hero. And she WON the election against Jerry Sanders. Outright. But wait, there was a "problem" they said with over 100,000 of the write in votes for Donna Frye. over 100,000 people didn't fill in the write-in area properly and instead of figuring out how to get the HONEST votes counted, Donna had to hand the Mayoral campaign to Jerry Sanders. He was in cahoots with big business. He was the one that got the City of San Diego to stop paying the multi million dollar fine for dumping sewage into the ocean. And when his lobbyists won that batter, he called dumping hundreds of millions of gallons of sewage into the water and not fixing anything "A BIG WIN FOR SAN DIEGO"....

This was the same election in which Gay marriage was banned and legalization, outright of Marijuana was also shot down by lobbyists. What happened the next day? The state of CA voiced with their votes, stating that they did NOT support gay marriage. 24 hours later, the case is being reviewed by a GAY JUDGE, who was married in the city of ... wait for it.... San Francisco.....

I mean, 2010 pretty much destroyed any value that I had on campaigns and supporting the cause. I still do the research and I still vote. EVERY TIME. I just don't sit there getting my hopes up for change. Because even when the people speak with their votes, most of the time it doesn't matter. Some lobbyists will throw more money, they will find some loophole. And with the electoral college and everything, you can look at the polls in CA if you live there, and you may as well not even waste your time in the big dance. Make sure to get the ballot right on all your local business, but anything above that, even the mayoral race is just a freaking joke....

So vote, support the cause, but lets be real, even if we all started making that phone call to the White House right now, do you ACTUALLY think anything would happen? Do you think Obama or anyone in his administration would listen?

Admin to Bush: Mr. President, in 15 years, we could gain serious ground in the world of Oil. All we have to do, is invade Iraq and set up shop there.

Bush to Admins: Cool, where do I sign

Admin to Obama: Mr. President, we can get a lot of oil. All we have to do is destroy the coast lines and kill a ton of sea life, but America stands to gain a great deal here.

Obama to Admins: Cool, where do I sign.

BK and McD's. in full effect.

17. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1 I support this message.

18. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Dis, Mr. Cursin' Person.
    http://rt.com/usa/174028-obama-oil-exploration-environmentalists/
    "Environmental groups attempted to extend a decades-old ban against drilling off the Atlantic Coast by pointing out the dangers that the use of sonic cannons, which emit powerful pulses of sound into the ocean every 10 seconds, presents to a multitude of sea creatures, including dolphins, turtles and whales. The argument, however, seems to have fallen on deaf ears."
    And the ghost has now gone from stealing weed to hiding right shoes and unscrewing door knobs.

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    I CANNOT believe that bastard Bush approved this...oh wait.

20. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    doesn't really work that way. you design a system based on your annual consumption. use 5kW of power, get close to a 5kW system. If you make more than you need you sell it back to the utility. the cost they buy power back from you is no where near what you pay to buy power from them so the cost/benefit for getting more than what you need installed isn't really worth it. Unless you have land and can go real big.

you want a fairly new roof(1 layer) before you install. no extra re inforcement needed.... if your house was built right that is. panels and racking are fairly light.

cost of install is dependant on to many things including what type of equipment to location. contractors charge differntly on Long Island than they do where you are.