ECSC is the only 6 star event in the US

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by billabongmoney, Mar 27, 2012.

1. billabongmoney

billabongmoney Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
  2. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    This is pretty awesome. Coastal Edge started an art comp this year looking for the next artist to create the poster art for this years event..Myself, and 5 other artist have been chosen..Keep an eye out for voting details and vote for your favorite...Im stoked to be a part of this years event!!..dream come true..I feel that ive won already just by being picked and but up against some truly great artists..Rick Ramono..Heather Brown, Bob Langston and Matt Haddaway..this year is kicking some major ass!!..

3. Masterjasson

Masterjasson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Rick Ramomo is the Tim Burton of surf art. I'm a total fan. Got one of his prints hung in my den! Good luck!

4. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    H20, does heather surf all year? if so, i think i see her out at 1st street all the time. she's such a nice person. Not bad at longboarding either.

5. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Don't know much about contests, is a higher star rating associated with the total amount of prize money being awarded?

Thats pretty awesome. i think the ECSC scored in 09 and 10, last year Irene brushed the coast so the event didnt really kick off like the previous years

6. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    They must have some big plans and many more big name sponsors this year. I was talking to someone that sponsored one of the stages last year for $5k and this year the same sponsorship costs $25k! Ouch. And, last year the stages were broken down before the weekend festivities started due to the approaching hurricane.

No way in hell they got 5k worth of exposure last year and he had to laugh at the "opportunity" to up the amount to 25k this year. Local businesses can't swing that kind of dough. Now I know why a Monster drink costs $3.50.

Let's just hope they have waves again this year. It's strange how often this contest has decent waves in the middle of August.

7. Va has no waves

Va has no waves New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Coastal edge sucks. I would hardly call it a surf shop all they sell is clothes.

8. Va has no waves

Va has no waves New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    and a few imported boards lol go AL MERRICK

9. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Thanks 757surfer..Im going to need a bunch of luck going against those artists..Heather Brown lives on the North Shore so I dont think you were seeing her in the line up..I think NBC Sports is getting involved this year too..Im stoked for CE and E.C.S.C..as far as the above member ....haters gonna hate....

10. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Not hating....I just don't like it when local businesses that were there for them during the lean times get pushed out as soon as things turn around.

11. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011