Ecuador !!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Ray F., Feb 4, 2011.

1. Ray F.

Ray F. Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    I can't believe it! My wife secretly planned a trip to Ecuador for me and surprised me with it today. Five days in the beginning of March. I am soooooooo stoked!!! :D:D:D

Sorry...had to tell somebody!

2. turtile

turtile Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Are you going to the Galapagos?

3. edshreds

edshreds Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ive been there its really fun when they get a swell i recommend two spots that were firing when i went. one is in salinas sick left point and the even better one is called montanita right point that peels for miles!!

4. Ray F.

Ray F. Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Not this trip. I'm going to stay to the mainland with the intention to start spreading out if/when I return. I made the mistake of bouncing around when I went to Costa. Galapagos looks like a fat wave, though, and I really like them like that.
    Was it crowded? From what I've read, those are the two most surfed spots in the country. I'm looking for point breaks with little to no heads. It's averaging 3-5 feet that time of year, but I'll sacrifice size for my own peak.

I hope the Modfish is the right board to bring!

5. edshreds

edshreds Active Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Was it crowded? From what I've read, those are the two most surfed spots in the country. I'm looking for point breaks with little to no heads. It's averaging 3-5 feet that time of year, but I'll sacrifice size for my own peak.

I hope the Modfish is the right board to bring![/QUOTE]

montanita was crowded and the locals there were shredding but when i was in salinas there were few people out. your gunna have fun at either place.

6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Congrats. You gotta love a great wife! You will have a fu**ing blast!