El Nino Summer 2010 (Winter in Southern Hemi)

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ecoastprock, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ecoastprock

ecoastprock Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2008
    So we all know that El Nino is the cause of the amazing season Hawaii and the west coast is having this year. I have found a ton of info on North Pacific storms during el nino years but i cant hunt down any info on the South Pacific. I know during el nino years the pacific tends to have more hurricanes and tropical storms, but my question is will El Nino have the same effect on the southern hemisphere storms next summer? Storms that will effect Costa Rica Specifically Pavones. Im planning a trip this June, any info would be a huge help.

Thanks

2. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    unfortunately not =( At least in the last decade, the South Hemi season in california is usually average. Perfect weather tho... But, there are usually ALWAYS swells down there. IN california, smoe of them never make it all the way up here. I can slam costa, and it only gets shoulder to head by the time it hits us... So the more southern the better, but just speaking strickly, jet stream shifting and el nino, no, great winters don't usually have great summers to follow, as far as swell...

I have not posted any of the pics I have frmo the past 2 months out here. I don't want to start that stuff, not in the mid atlantic forum... But, it has been absolutely bonkers... freaking bonkers... If you haven;t been out here this season, buy a ticket. there is a month or so left of madness.