Eye Condoms...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by KookieMonster, May 2, 2012.

1. trueislander

trueislander Member

Mar 10, 2012
  2. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    rainX for your rX

tried rainX. it actually will bead more. rainX works at speed (created to clear windshields of race cars when wipers get jacked by high wind speed), so unless you are doing like 60 mph on a wave, it won't have the effect you need..

3. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010

i use a simple tether wrapped around my neck or attached to wetsuit pull ...won't keep 'em on yer face but you won't lose 'em. just avoid crushing them as you duck dive....lost a lens that way 2 weeks ago

4. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    ended up getting Birdz. Haven't tried em yet but they seem kinda cheap... but in the end they're gonna break unless they're solid goggles. Someone mentioned just wearing a hat... this is no good for AM sessions plus we must remember that sunlight comes from two directions... direct and reflecting off the water.

5. Pursuitofhappiness

Pursuitofhappiness Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks for the head's up and sharing the knowledge!

6. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
  7. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Got my TYR Aqua Shields and will give them a try today. Look like an alien in them but It beats the crap out of surfer's eye and just blood shot eyes in general.

8. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    http://www.swimlocker.com/TYR-Aqua-Shield-Metalized-p/t.laquasm.htm has them for $5!!! The order went thru so I'll post back if they arrive. Cost more to ship the suckers.

9. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I guess we will all know eachother now out in the water- since we will be the only ones wearing sunglasses now while surfing lol

10. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Nice tip on the aqua shields...at that price I couldn't resist snagging a few pairs to try out.

I debated buying those kurtis ones, but I cheaper out. I should probably suck it up and buy a pair. They seem like the real deal.

11. marknel83

marknel83 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Call me crazy but i like the pain in my shoulders and arms. And the dry salt in my eyes. I even like the cold offshore wind trying to blow me off a wave in february.

12. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Tried the aqua shields Saturday. They do cut on glare, didn't fog up once they acclimated, stayed put, (but I didn't get rag dolled in the knee high surf.) The water spots are distracting though. But you're going to get them on a hundred dollar pair of specs too. Good deal at about 12 dollars shipped.

13. Hoff

Hoff New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    I have decided to buy the Kurtis surf goggles for my kitesurfing since they have polaroid and seems to dont slip off. But, since I live in Sweden I have some distance for trying them out... Could you please help me?

I am thinking of the Kurtis duke surf goggles OR the Kurtis Makaha goggles. My question is how big is the duke goggles? And how small is the makaha? I think the makaha looks nicer but I am afraid that the are too small and the sun will get in from above or under. Is that correct?

Is it correct that Kurtis have full UV protection? Up to UV400?

i have tried te email Kurtis but I dont get any answers...

Thank you!
    Henrik

14. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    i have not heard of these- but i do have an update- i got the SeaSpecs from amazon for like 30 bucks back in may. I wear them whenever the sun is out - specially dawn patrol. They are sick! I have not once had them come off- or even feel loose! Since then- everyone asks in the water about them- a few friends even ordered their own...

15. petesmith

petesmith Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    In the future there will be a pill you can take that can protect eyes and skin from sun damage.
    It uses the same chemicals that coral reef uses naturally... It should be completed in ten years or something
    like that.

16. Hoff

Hoff New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Sorry, the adress is http://www.kurtisusa.com/

The sea specs sounds good... But the only protect from UV A and B dont C. I dont know how dangerous C is...

17. darippah

darippah Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    no fast cars, you're a cop.... :eek:

18. Scbe

Scbe Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    I wear a hat with a wide brim and flaps over the ears. I attach it with a leash that goes to a shell grommet tied to my rash guard or wetsuit zipper pull. Perfect at east coast dawn +. The sun is my enemy.

19. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    C is probably just as bad as D, E, and F... don't forget about S.... lol

Seriously- i don't know! I would just get the cheaper pair that you like better! the kurtis ones look ok- but looks like they could come off easy...