Fighting

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Juan MC, May 31, 2017.

1. Juan MC

Juan MC New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    So what is everyone thoughts about getting physical when **** goes down in the water? Whether it's disrespect, dangerous behavior, or ego surfing? Do you get the police involved if you get your ass kicked? Do you paddle away or do you throw down? Love to hear everyone's thoughts cause I feel like surfing has gotten soft, just dirty looks and fake smiles now a days. Who puts their money where their mouth is?

2. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Two options:

1) Paddle in and toss the other guy's schit in the water.

2) Bench off.

Needless I say more.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I've never fought over surfing, only a couple minor verbal interactions like telling someone to paddle down the beach. If I mess up and screw someone's wave up, I always apologize and try to throw them a bone on the next set and let them go. There's always another wave, it's not that serious to me. If someone attacked me I'd defend myself but no sense in looking for it. Surfing to me is a way to find inner peace, not strife.

4. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I'm too old for fighting, but New England waters are so tame, you'd have to really be a jackass to rile up the locals enough, plus the locals are all old like me.

The last time someone tried to intimidate me at a somewhat local spot, I just looked at him and laughed in a - I'm 50, and I don't give a fvck - kind of way.

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    sometimes its just hilarious,,last year waves were breaking longer lefts,,noone was going to the right...no one near me im all the way at the very end and everyone else siting somewhere down the line..i noticed about 100 -200yrds away this dude outside the line paddling like crazy wave comes he snags it deeper than the line rides it past the lineup paddles out again..making his way down to me slowly..finally gets near me a wave comes I go left with the break,,hes inside of me and goes to the right toward me, he pulls out of the wave bc the wave lost energy in that direction basically and then yells at me you better watch out..sometimes its just comical

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Who are you posting on this forum with no intro treadde and talking all big and mighty. This forum has gotten soft, but you may get Fitzpedoed if you don't adhere to properre etiquette. Do some research on how to post, then come back and ask everyone who got into a fight trying to surf.

7. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Dance off at Ron Jons Cocoa Beach.

8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    ...or just wear a white Ron Jon rash guard. Let 'em know there's a new sheriff in town.

9. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i usually just carry around cans of gasoline on my longboard and burn down the line up.

10. Madma

Madma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Lmao! Just tell everyone that Kelly Slater is your attorney.

11. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    i wouldnt f u ck with most of the guys in my line up here. There either ex millitary, heavily armed, or addicted to meth. Im a scrawny 150 lb surf animal that could dish some out if needed but i have a feeling if i hit some of these guys as hard as i could they would laugh at me and end me.

plus i like to keep my karma clean. dont even kill spiders if i dont have to, put a glass over em and put em outside.

although when we do our burn operations i kill thousands of woodland creatures so whatever i guess

someone has a problem just leave. they probably cant surf anyway. let your surfing do the talking not your fists.

12. Clownface

Clownface Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2017
    I hit to hard to start fights, I don't want to pay for reconstructive face surgery to teach someone a lesson. I'm a very very dirty fighter, if I could I would take 2 steps back and shot you. I only fight for self defense now. I beat this kid so bad 1 time I thought I killed him, not a good feeling since I started the fight and would definitely get 10 years if he did die.

13. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Same.

15. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [video=youtube;0uLCVvADnLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uLCVvADnLA[/video]

16. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, that happens to me all the time as well.

17. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    if you get the police involved thats pretty gay. then again to fight over a waist high summer sloppy wave isnt worth it its retarded. go on a surf trip and save your self the problem. I am just back from central america and got more waves there in a week then I get at home in a year

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I only bare knuckled it once, cause I saw somebody surfing on my board... and he didn't ask permission. Now THAT'S karma.

19. AddieManderson

AddieManderson Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
  20. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Fixed it for ya. HA HA Sorry, I couldn't resist.