Fishing threade

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Apr 25, 2016.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice run of stripers and albies for the past 3 or 4 weeks. Haven't fished at all this week, though... work has been crazy. Will fish today and over the weekend.

Thanks for bumping this threadde...

2. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I caught this last week

[​IMG]

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Shot this one Sunday...Alby out back

[​IMG]

4. me tard

me tard Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2016
  5. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Thanks Metard, caught that a few hours after surfing with Mitchell. Mitchell I saw that picture when you first posted and thought that was a dolphin! That is really cool.

6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Nice Zippy!!!! Someone at IRI posted a pic of some long boarders sitting in the lineup with some albies busting the surface behind them. Very cool pic Mitchell and if that is def an albie, that thing looks huge!!

7. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Here is my huge catch. HA HA HA HA HA Tearing these damn things up lately.

Blue.jpg

8. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Glad we got this threade going again. LBCrew do you need a license for saltwater fishing in NJ? I might trek up that way for a surfing/fishing mission this fall. Keeper stripper are tough to come by this time of year in DE and MD.

9. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Red drum.jpg I caught this behemoth in Nags Head haha!

Scored some great waves in Hatteras this September. We didn't fish very much. The run of swell aligned perfectly with my vacation schedule. The average day was like shoulder high and clean for two weeks. Stoked!

10. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Nice puppy drum! A buddy lives down in Hatteras and he has been tearing up the striper. They can keep them at 18".

11. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Yeah man. If you pay enough money at the club you can keep the strippers. Haha!

12. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks Z! 18" minimum must be nice. Word on the street is some nice red drum have been caught off the spot that shall not be named. I might longboard and surf fish there this Saturday.

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's about time to go back out on the deep sea boat, it's been a minute!

14. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    You don't need a license, but you need to register as a saltwater angler. It's free... http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/

15. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    NJ regs are stupid... 1 fish 28"-43", and one fish over 43."

So what they're saying is... you can only eat the big, mercury filled breeding stock.

I think it should be... no fish over 32". But that would hurt the charter boats and tourism industry.

16. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Good info, Thank you. I definitely agree with you on the regulations.

17. Rob Gnarley

Mar 27, 2012
    Stripper Life Goals. Sounds like a new threade title. That guy should order a DNA test or it didn't happen. I'm sure those waters have seen a lot of action.

18. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Went off the beach this morning pre dawn.. lots of guys around- it seemed pretty fishy out, but nothing much. I missed a small bass, saw it jump out after my plug... then (I think ) the guy 50ft down from my proceeded to catch it 5min later lol

About 3 mornings ago- on my way to work- there was birds, bait and splashes everywhere! Of coarse all out of casting distance...

So what kind of plugs have you guys been using this year? This morning I was using a darker colored needle fish... the guy down from me that caught the fish was using a swimming plug

19. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I think the water is still too warm. The bay behind my house was 67 degrees this afternoon still too warm for a good striper bite. Tons of snapper blues and giant needlefish swimming around, that usually ends late September on a normal year.

20. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    For small blues here in DE, I have been throwing a small white mirror finish swimming minnow. As soon as it hits the water I skip it across the surface for a few times then start the retrieve. They hit it almost immediately on every other cast, but they are tiny. I guess better than nothing!