Flagler Beach

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by GeorgiaSurfer, Jul 11, 2014.

1. GeorgiaSurfer

GeorgiaSurfer Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Hey everyone. Im taking a week long trip down to Flagler Beach from tomorrow until the following Saturday. Ive been to Flagler three times already for a couple days each and its been pretty consistent every time I've been there. I was wondering if there were any other spots close to there other than the pier. Im not asking for any of your "secret spots" just some breaks close to there to change it up a little. Also was wondering how the tide affects the surf there, here at Tybee it affects it greatly since ours is close to 8 feet, so we usually go on the incoming tide. Thanks in advance

2. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    dude its north Florida, **** it man its like the same just a little different, sure its not the redneck Rivera of tybee but man just open a pack of bud heavys and stare at the tits on the beach. it someone gives you crap for looking at their wifes tits give em a good old nj shredmachine and pop him in the head. the pier is a good spot go there and shred and show dem florida boys thats your a flowrida from the ga. make sure you rub in that billy currington is from savannah and he surfs better than them. threatin to call him if they get more hostile. if your outnumbered when in doubt whip it out, they will scatter.

3. GeorgiaSurfer

Jun 29, 2013
    I gotcha man hahahahaha thanks

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Depends on how far you are willing to drive, Ponce Inlet is to the South and St. Aug and Jax to the North. Some spots in between but those are the more consistent places within reach.

5. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    I remember a gorgeous state park called anastasia….(i think thats what its called)..i surfed it; you
    can too. i remember 3ft beach break…and lots of wildlife as in animals...

6. V0lcum

V0lcum New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Stay home if you're not going to head down to New Symrna or Ponce inlet or a break in far north florida like mayport poles is your best bet for waves in this area.

7. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    read that post aloud

congrats on your first post with downs syndrome

8. GeorgiaSurfer

Jun 29, 2013
    HAHAHAHA im dying

9. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ^^^^ this!

10. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    But yeah, I have been down and surfed North Florida twice in the past few month. To answer your tide question, it seemed to still be better on the incoming tide, but it is NOTHING like the tidal effects on Tybee and HHI. Maybe it's the bathymetry or something, but St. Aug, Jax and Amelia Island were all breaking at dead low tide with decent form, so no, it will not just turn into a lake at low tide. Not sure what their tide swings are. The waves are similar to Tybee for sure, but the tides don't have nearly the same impact. I guess that trough that we are in ends at the GA/FL border and extends up a little past Charleston.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Just about any spot in North / Central Florida breaks on low tide, I can't think of any that I have surfed that don't. Low tide with incoming always does the trick, and some spots will break through High Tide as well. If i'm able to surf all day I'll hit one spot at low, and then when it gets too full / fat, i'll get in my vehicle and head 10 minutes North to a spot that still breaks at that time.

12. garbanzobean

garbanzobean Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Flagler county's beaches are a straight shot facing northeast with not a creek or swash anywhere. Zero secret spots but the pier has a little sand bar around it like any pier. I've had fun ssessions at the pier but it is straight beach, nothing to make any difference in the quality or size unless you go to Saint Augie or Ponce Inlet. It's always better at the Smyrna side of Ponce -always. So if it is flat head to Smyrna and count sharks.