Gabriel Medina calls out WSL

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by njsurf26, Mar 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I was just thinking the same thing. She's probably being nice, and doesn't want to smoke us with her talent.

We do have a photoshop thread Caroline, if you feel like sharing any of your work. The stuff posted on it is fairly simple, and intended for laughs.

2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    wow this shyt happened last night,and 9 pages later nobody got the video.

he clearly said "if glen hall says fuk u to me again,im going to teach him some bad words in portugese."

that's all he said,he didn't say fuk u glenn hall, fuk u asp or whatever.

and I wouldn't even put this on the same level as bobby Martinez.bobbys an og,he beat andy beat Kelly won comps,won Tahiti,he was a somebody...was....

medina just clearly didn't understand the new rules,watching the video on mute u clearly see glen hall dropping in on Gabriel medina.i guess glenn had "wsl priority".id be pretty pissed too if I was the defending champ and had to surf little 2 footers that came in every 20 minutes to get burned out of a score and lose

3. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    slater burned parko of a potential 10 in the contest last year or the year before when it was Kelly vs parko in the final.parko threw up a middle finger.thats technically more insulting than medina saying "fuk".its really immature childness.they really made it less cool to be a surfer.that want to be in the same category as a-roid or jeter the cheater.not all the pros but a lot of them.slater is still king and jj is next to hold the throne.that is all

4. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    He understood the rules. The rule hasn't changed. It's the same as last year
    He was trying to get Glen Hall to take off on that wave. If he didn't get that close to him he wouldn't have got the interference.

5. illuminite

illuminite Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2014
    i know this is your opinion but lemme just say who the hell doesn't like to watch professional surfing? You might learn something ya kook

6. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    I didn't watch the contest I just saw the little clip.i know what it was tho,medina probably had the wave before,so it turned to halls priority,he didn't look like he was going to take it so medina did and glen dropped in which is pretty genius in a technical competitive way.

7. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I think Barry Cuda is Roy

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah. Hall was sitting on Medina since he had priority. Medina was trying to get him to take off on that wave so he'd be out there by himself with priority... He was trying to pull out right away but ended up right under Hall.
    They were both trying to use strategy. It just worked out for Hall and not Medina

9. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    they not going to give you me or anyone else a wave so who cares , like my kid says , I don't give a shiitttzzz about them they not going to give me one and I not giving away any either ,

10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ever more to the point, Simon Anderson specifically dialed in the thruster design because he wanted a board that would allow him to surf powerfully in competitions. It was his pro surfing ambitions that motivated him to invent, and perfect the design. This was back in the day that guys like Simon Anderson and Mark Richards were both top level pros and cutting edge shapers.

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Exactly...he got called for interference and then dropped the f-bomb in an interview. Who on earth cares about that?

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So why did the judges give Medina the interference if they Zosea makes hem give him scores to win???
    They decided they need to push pro surfing in Ireland now?

13. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Has the possibility been considered that maybe good ole Gabby was suddenly overcome with the urge to dry hump...well wet hump..his opponent?

14. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    just a guess. They overestimated the negative reaction they got from engineering his championship last season and are now in reversal mode. they cant cut on his surfing (which is uninspired IMO) so they make him out to be a loose cannon.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

See? Now you are starting to skirt the issue why surfing "profession is for morons!! hahahaha!!!
    Forget sponsorships and contests--just go surf. A person can be a fantastic surfer without either. In fact, one is usually better than pros when you remain free of constraints (assuming, of course, that "better" fits an equal definition to all of us. Which it rarely does.)

16. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    have you ever surfed with a pro before? If so, there is no way you can honestly believe the statement you just made.

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Refer to my statement about "definition"...ie...what makes a better surfer. Also, yes I have surfed with and watched pros....they are not much better than a lot of the people we all surf with. It is an illusion many have bought into.
    My opinion differs, obviously. Nothing more than that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  18. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Barry I think you are just being argumentative...regarding surfing with a pro...you ever surf with a WSL pro? You would seriously equate their abilities with some of your Norheast guys...?! Even around here the local pros/bros are good surfers but not nearly as precise, agile, capable of performance surfing compared to WSL guys (just to give you a definition baseline).

Further, I get it... you dont qualify surfing as a sport...dongboarder and short boarder both are great surfers if they're having fun right? Smh...performance surfing (even with a log--Tudor duct tape invitational) Finds its roots and modern expression From a form of professional (or maybe a better term for you would be vocational) surfing.

You've drank the wrong koolaid my man...

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    ^^^this x1000

20. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Gotta love the mock outrage all around in this thread.

[video=youtube;b3fUAKrszz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3fUAKrszz0[/video]

How do you guys even make yourselves pretend to care about stuff like this ^^^?