gettin better?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by bmore surf, Jan 2, 2008.

1. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    After the flat spell ends we will get some real good 08' surf. I am talking long period swell chest +. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Hopefullly it ends before feb. But I will take it either way. Have not been wet in months.

2. CharlieInOC

CharlieInOC Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Well, we have had waves in the last couple of months. Maybe not world class long period ground swell, but if your waiting for that, you most likely will be waiting a long time here on the east coast. My sugestion would be to move to Indo......:rolleyes:

3. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I'd say we are now just getting into the normal east coast winter pattern, which includes periods of flat spells... Not the summer time type of flat spells, but flat as in not a ripple type of flat - where the offshore winds blow everything off the coast. Generally these flat spells get broken up with very short lived shots of swells with the quick moving frontal systems. So, stay on top of the forecasts!

January and February are a little unreliable for east coast surf... it can be consistent and also very inconsistent with long period of nothing. March is usually when things turn around and we get more longer lasting northeast swells in the mix.

4. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    Thanks for the info.
    I am just hoping...flat spells = boredom.