Ghost stories

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by BassMon2, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Last year I went to Gettysburg. I was with my youngest son and we were at Little Round Top with no one else around. Hundreds of men fell there in a span of an hour or so during the battle. It was a very eerie feeling. Like being watched. yet peaceful. In all my years, I never gave any of this paranormal stuff any thought, one way or the other. There was definitely some sort of presence there. I won't say it was the "spirits of the fallen" but it was like the land itself was emitting a weird vibe. I was stone cold sober at the time too.

2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Q. Why do men have a hole in front of their penis?

A. So they can get air to their brains.

3. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Maybe you were hallucinating due to detoxing???

Notaseal and ChavezyChavez like this.
  4. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I've visited the Gettysburg battlefield(s) quite a few times over the years. Nothing paranormal, but I certainly had a sense of awe and wonderment, particularly when looking across the 3/4 to 1 mile wide field the Confederates crossed during Picket's charge to attack the center of the Union line on the third day of the battle. So many dead.

Yankkee and ChavezyChavez like this.
  5. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Living in Ohio as kids back in the 1960s, we used to dare each other to run through the local cemetery at night.
    It was probably the safest place in town.

6. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Up to that point South had a slight advantage to winning the war but Lee miscalculated and that was a big turning point it seems.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Yes, antoine, they ARE all morons!! Paranormal morons......

Notaseal likes this.
  8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Not if you were black.....

nopantsLance likes this.
  9. mantas2

mantas2 Member

Feb 25, 2019
    We had a lot of weird shit happen in our house. Family downstairs watching TV, someone is running from room to room upstairs - no pets at the time. Doors would open and close, whatever (it's the draft).

Well one night I got cold as fuck while sleeping all of a sudden on a 80-85 degree night, so I sit up, look in my mirror and there is a figure behind me brushing it's own hair (figure of a little girl or small woman). Told my mom about it the next morning and she laughed like hell. All of a sudden she stops laughing and says: your sister has been having some tea parties with an imaginary friend/girl and has been telling me about her...we both nearly shit our pants.

Yankkee, Notaseal and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  10. Notaseal

Notaseal Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    In a northern harbor town, some time ago, history tells of a passenger ferry that capsized while docking one winters night. Lots of people drown cause of cold water. Rumer has that on the anniversary and time of the wreck that if you look into the water some ghost are viewable and also hearable.
    Ok, stoked I am. There ready at the right time, spot and date looking, waiting and not seeing anything, WTF? Then behind me I catch a glimpse of a dark image moving around in the shadows of the docks. Aha! I've spotted a ghost and run up to it. So I ask questions like, how are you? How did you get here, and what year is this? Response was, do you have any spare change?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    mantas2 and nopantsLance like this.
  11. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    That happens a lot around metro DC.

Notaseal likes this.