Glassing

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by wontonwonton, May 20, 2009.

1. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I finished a 5'11'' single fin balsa egg. I didnt attatch the fin yet. I want it glassed on

Does anyone know how to glass or know anyone who does.

2. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Glassing is an art in itself. It's not just throwing on some resin with a brush. Post a pic of the board you want glassed.

http://www.surfersteve.com/glassing.htm if you wanna do it yourself.

or hit me up on PM I'll do it for $100. I just did 1 of mine last week.

Last edited: May 20, 2009

3. wontonwonton

Mar 13, 2007
    Dude, i know about the cloth and wrap the rails. And glassing the fin on may be hard. I have never done it and want someone with experience to do it right.

4. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    if you post a pic of it (underside). I can tell you what needs to be done. I have a lot of experience in repairs. And, just noticed you are in PA. So, sry I probably won't be able to do it.

5. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If you can get the board glassed / fin glassed on for $100, that is a great price. You should hit that offer up.

6. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    whats wrong with a plain old fin box?? especially with a homemade board, you want to be able to change around your fin set-up, and they are alot easier to install.

7. wontonwonton

Mar 13, 2007
    I probably am more regular at a lot of spots than a lot of people so easy there on the PA stuff.

Where are you aguaholic located. I am serious that i may hit that offer up if things work out. Im in bethany and have access to NJ so am willing to drive a way. Ill post pics on the gallery.

8. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I agree about using a fin box. Do you really have a good idea how the balsa board is gonna turn, what kind of fin will work with a wooden board and exactly how far up from the tail to place the fin so it will ride like you want it to? If you've got all those details dialed in then go ahead and glass one in. Otherwise the fin box give you OPTIONS.

9. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Wooden Surfboard + Pennsylvania = Someone's gonna get really hurt at Naval Jetties this summer.

10. oBx FATJ

oBx FATJ Member

May 21, 2009
    Hey aren't there nice waves in PA?

11. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
  12. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Go to www.swaylocks.com and utilize the "search" feature. All your questions will be answered. No chit, man. :cool:

13. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Sounds like your a hater

14. wontonwonton

Mar 13, 2007
    If u dont have anything helpful to say, dont say ****.

15. wontonwonton

Mar 13, 2007
    Yea mother****er