Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by sisurfdogg, Jun 3, 2017.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Screw cancer, it doesn’t know who it’s messing with! O Barry...

2. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Primarily greed. One of the 7 Deadly Sins. Gluttony and sloth as well.

Man craps in his own food and water bowls.

Yankkee likes this.

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Wow...how insulting is that??!!??
    Calling me an a$$hole!! NOT TRUE!!
    I am a FIRST CLASS A$$hole!! Not just a simple a$$hole!!
    heh heh.....
    Good to hear from you, NYNJ....how are the kids doing?? Surfing yet?? A friend of mine that owns a store on the principal drag here in seacoast NH, gave me 2 bellyboards for my grand-daughter (only 2 yrs old), she still needs to learn to use them, but she will, given time. Next summer we will SLOWLY get her into ocean when it has very mini-waves. Never rush a child into ocean; very scary thing for the kids, at first.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    She's doing fantastic man. Kid's huge, incredibly smart, just doing great all around. Pushed her into some chop on a boog this summer and she loved it. Inherent Jiu-Jitsu ability, other stuff that's uncannily indicative of genetic passing on of characteristics. It's truly amazing.

Very glad to hear you're ok. Often wondered and worried about my grand pa pa. How is your youngest grand child?

Lance, I neither have the time nor the psychological wherewithal to debate ecology in a political context where emotion and bias govern decision making over logic. The entire American Southwest has been beyond carrying capacity for decades, and if it were not for the existence of a handful of damns we would've have come to that realisation long ago. Certain species depend on fire for proliferation. In all honesty i haven't been paying attention, and my utmost sympathy goes to all living things impacted. But it didn't happen because we don't fkn rake. Come on. And forestry doesn't mean clear cutting biodiverse habitats and creating dougie fir farms.

Good day and Godspeed gentlemen, Trev hope you're ok out there.

5. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I've been scouring the line-ups looking for ya burry. glad yer still alive.

Barry Cuda likes this.
  6. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Thanks. Someday hopefully, we can meet up and surf some waves together. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet--my family still needs me.

7. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    My granddaughter is doing well--healthy, as bright as her mom and dad, and loves to come and visit with us. Life is great here in Cuda Mansion.

capecodcdog likes this.
  8. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Glad all is well in Cudaville. Peace.

9. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Thanks man. a great session 2 Saturdays ago--surf was 2 ft overhead with 12 seconds period, and heavy offshores. Got out for 2 hours. The few out there, we had to exercise care to NOT ride all the way in, otherwise it was difficult getting back out to line up. Looking forward to more of those. I get my exercise on days like that.

DosXX, sisurfdogg and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    That's really good news man...glad to hear it. Not the winter is approaching part, not the more time to come here part....the cancer-free part - glad to hear that!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    When I grow up I wanna be like you Oh Barry...old, crusty and cancer free...and getting pitted, sooooo pitted!

nopantsLance likes this.
  12. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    NASA would be foolish to not support the man made climate change theory, after all where would they be without more taxes?
    Give me the funding NASA has and I will find enough proof that 40 planets exist in our Solar System. Or that we have a Dark binary Star. Or the Moon is really just a satellite placed perfectly from our Earth to be a loading dock for Aliens.

nopantsLance likes this.
  13. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018

While climate change is a reality, the man made portion is seriously exaggerated.
    The STUPIDEST question I have EVER been asked is, "Do you believe in climate change?"
    I feel like reaching for a .45 automatic and ending the questioners misery when I hear that.....
    Now, having clarified that, does CO2 emissions affect the climate?? Based on the chemistry, the physics of CO2, and the gathered evidence, it does. But key word is evidence. A lot of it (most of it) is computer modeling, which means humans programmed the computer algorithm, assumed data to be entered, both which introduce BIAS. The fact that the National Science Foundation approves ONLY study abstracts that support human climate change, is even more BIAS.
    Having said that, we need to clean up the plastic and process our garbage better. I like a clean house, not a pig pen, to live in.

14. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Here is a piece written by me earlier in the thread:

Of those 97%, 95% were scientists receiving National Science Foundation grants. The NSF is as large an agency as its sister agency, NIH. The NSF is a government agency and is run by political appointees. If a scientists submits a grant proposal to demonstrate "climate change", their grant request is approved. If a scientist submits a grant request for the opposite, they are 100% denied the money. No grants in the last 8 years were given to those with your "denier" classification. None. Not one. Zero.
    Ages ago, 97% of scientist were 100% convinced that the Earth was flat. There were a few that thought otherwise. They were tortured, jailed, and executed. Galileo is an example of that. Fortunately he was not executed, but that only because he was related to the Pope.
    Ages ago, 97% of medical practioners were 100% sure that humans contracted disease from "miasmas" that lurked within fogs near marshes, bogs and forests. It took bacteriology (Robert Koch, Pasteur) decades of work to show them wrong.

The evidence for man-made "global warming" is poor ( however, climate change is real, goes in cycles, and been there since day 1 of Earths existence). The evidence is solely observational in nature. The "control" group of the studies, are piss poor. And that is if they even have any controls. The reason for that is simple--how can you take data and have a comparative group when PLANETS are the study subjects?? Do you line up 200 planets with Industrial revolution vs 200 planets with no industrial revolution?? Show us how to do that. Their statistical analysis cannot then, arrive a a significant "P" value--95% or better, in other words, without that one cannot eliminate chance findings, or, in other words.....the science is garbage.

Now, a word about being a "steward". The Earth is 4 1/2 billion years old--our "order" of primates has been here 200,000 years. By what measure of logic can we now say that we are the "stewards" of the planet? Only by one of the Seven Sins-- Pride. We are not the Crown of Creation. The Earth did NOT anticipate our coming, it does not know we are here, and it doesn't give a crap if we are snuffed out, which we will be as our species reaches its longevity point (paleontologists tell us most species last about 1 million years on average; so we have 800,000 years to go). We are but ONE of millions of species that have passed through here; we are the stewards of nothing. You will not stop volcanoes, tectonic plates, or meteors smacking into Earth. You can, however, keep your surroundings clean for beauty sake and clean living, sure. But "steward"?? Let us all stop being ridiculous in Pride.
    One more note--even the most radical and extreme "computer models" (which accounts for most of these "studies"), have results far far less hot than previous Eras, and geologic periods. The large dinosaurs etc in both Jurassic and Cretaceous times had much hotter temps, as well as millions of other organisms and species.

We all need to give Al Gore and his band political hacks the middle finger every time he shows his face. They said Manhattan was to be underwater by 2012. It is bone dry.

Enough of this BS. Pride?? You want to be proud?? Go join a gay parade somewhere, but let's all cut this "sh1t" out. It is a waste of time.

Good night every one!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    La_Piedra likes this.
  15. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    touching....my 87 year old father also says "good night" at 10:37 in the morning. I think i just teared up a little...or maybe its just cold outside.

16. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Hey!! He must be intelligent, and with the body of an Adonis....just like me!!

17. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Pumpmaster said it best:

"Theory".

18. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Theory, meet Reality.

19. flowmac

flowmac Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I've always thought of it like digital marketing.

When you are doing marketing, it's never a positive line going in a nice direction up. It's usually up one day, and down a day or more, then back up.

Over time, you are gradually going up, at least that's the idea.

How this relates to global warming is this, what if right now the temperature is just changing and we are just in that period of time.

Then after a few years of this, we'll go back to where we were.
    So in essence, we actually don't even know that Mother Earth has everything in control and we happen to be here at this moment thinking that we are causing it, but she's laughing at us thinking how can we even make a dent in Mother Earth.

La_Piedra and Barry Cuda like this.
  20. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    There’s no question that the human virus is consuming the entire planet & leaving massive amounts of defecation as its marker.

Every other species is getting destroyed due to one species.

Call it what you will, global warming or climate change or gas outta your wife’s ass, the facts remain & are harsh: this planet is doomed & the reason is the human virus.

So tired of hearing all the whining & the politics & the perpetual state of outrage from ALL aspects & angles.