Guido's or Benny's?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Jettylife521, May 26, 2008.

Guidos or Benny's?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2008.
  1. Guidos

33.3%
  2. Benny's

66.7%
  1. Jettylife521

Jettylife521 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2007
    If you had to choose between one to stay and one to go during the summer...which would you let stay...Guidos or Benny's? It's a toughy.

2. Kinkyreggae41

Kinkyreggae41 Member

Jul 19, 2007

3. Aguaholic

Aguaholic Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    guidos = benny's (most of the time) :eek:

4. ritecoastsurfer3

ritecoastsurfer3 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2007
    summer migrants

I think having people around for a few months is very entertaining, i mean after isolation for 9 months it's nice to have some fun there's always something going on, if you want to see guidos drive by the surf club any given summer night in ortley, nj it is so steryotyped it is hilarious. Anyway its not like people that come down know how to surf that well and the dudes that are in all year will still get all the waves anyway, plus it's light out at 500am and dark by 900 so you could get 2 3-hour sessions a day with sun and warmth. The only thing that sucks about summer is lack of swell but when it comes it is the best I think. So I like having both around but again only for the limited time there here trust me September is great month too.

5. sosodel

sosodel Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    isnt a guido technically a benny just a lot more of a deutsche

6. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
  7. Aguaholic

Oct 26, 2007
    we are coming to a beach near you!

[​IMG]

8. iceybeatzjosh

iceybeatzjosh Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2007
  9. TDTubes

TDTubes Well-Known Member

May 30, 2007
    Do guys like that really exist?

10. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    tommy - these are the new jersey tourists coming down from New York. We get a different breed in Delmarva.

11. Aguaholic

Oct 26, 2007

Unfortunately.......they do. :(

12. Jettylife521

Jul 16, 2007
    The Poll Is For Who'd You Keep In The Summer, Not To Go Away Fyi

13. DikDanger

DikDanger Member

Aug 18, 2007
    well I'm a BENNY from Staten Island that works in South Jersey and spends alot of time down there in the off season fishing and surfing...

I'm far from a guido... and cant stand them myself...

BUT... when people from NJ get nasty and try to screw with me cuz I'm a Benny... that gets me pissed off... especially when half the people that live in South Jersey moved from New York within the past 30 yrs...

I usually respond with... Go F'off PINEY... but I try to make friends at first...

cuz I do understand the frustration of people moven in on your turf... I have people from Brooklyn moven onto my block and I cant stand it... so now I'm looken to buy a house down the shore and get away from NY for good... wish me luck... and remember... not all BENNYS are bad... except the GUIDOS... they suck no matter where they come from...

14. Jettylife521

Jul 16, 2007
    WTF is a PINEY? Haha. Never heard that. And not ALL Benny's are bad? IDK...:mad: And yes GUIDOS SUCK! Jw where did the term guido come from?

15. DavidOlya

DavidOlya Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    You all can bust my balls for asking a stupid question, but what the hell are bennys and guidos????:confused::confused::confused:

16. ryanoc

ryanoc New Member

May 27, 2008
    in delmarva we get the Glen Burnie trash thats blows down to the beach haha

17. rDJ

rDJ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2007
    BENNY = B-ayonne, E-lizabeth, N-ewark and N-ew Y-ork

Tourists from North Jersey and New York whole only know that the beach exists from Memorial Day to Labor Day. An easy way to determine if someone is a BENNY's is that they will typically say "I'm going down the shore" instead of "to the beach". BENNY's are called SHOOBIES south of LBI.

A Guido is a greasy looking North Jersey or New York guy typically Italian or Latin or wannabe of either who tawk wit dat Noo Yawk accent, wear gold chains and wife beaters, and act like rude idiots getting in fights at D'Jais in Belmar.

Guido's are BENNY's so the poll is kinda pointless.

PINEY's are rude redneck white trash South Jersians and the name is taken from the Pine Barrons. However it's a useful term when any south Jersey local is being rude.

Personally I can do without any and all rude people no matter where they are from. Unfortunately they all flock to the beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day and even the rude locals act more rude than normal during that time. It's an unfortunate necessity for the economy of the beach towns and even the inland towns that thrive on that summer revenue, but I wish anyone who doesn't like the beach enough to visit it in the winter would stay away in the summer too.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  18. chadbrochill93

chadbrochill93 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2007
    you forgot

you guys forgot the pittsburgh crew

i f***in hate these bastards so much

19. tbing

tbing Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    Yeah, Don't forget all the people from PA . Anyway, I work at the beach, so without all the tourism I wouldn't have a job... However, I could do without any of them :)

20. CurtFlirt732

CurtFlirt732 Guest

i dont know which is worst dumb benny guido wop daygos or ignorant ass redneck pineys