hello fellow water lovers, looking for much needed information

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by tenworms, May 26, 2014.

1. tenworms

tenworms New Member

May 26, 2014
    hi there i just moved in to havelock (if thats how its spelled) into cherry point marine air base. im originally from long island new york. im looking for big waves or at least good spots during the summer to go bodyboarding, i went to atlantic beach and the waves were knee high. i know right now is not the best time of the year but i dont want to wait till fall to finally break out the board. please help im willing to travel up or down the coast for some good waves

2. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    buy a red t-shirt and go to shackelford

3. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Everyone loves a good Hello tread. Light em up sandblasters!!!

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oh man... This could get ugly....

Look dude -I will help you out before you have to read thru like 20 pages of ppl crying over their spilled lemonade... Sooo first things first- in order for there to be any waves At any spot - you need a storm of front to move thru to create the waves or more promising - a hurricane. Usually in the summer waves are flat, no matter the spot... If one spot is flat most likely every other one is too- unless of coarse your surfing in Belmar nj... While diffent ball game too...

5. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I don't know where you're talking about. Can you clarify? I'm not googling sh!t because I'm borderline drunk and lazy.

Also:
    [​IMG][/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

6. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Dude the first thing is you just can't post when and where you want get in line and do some time. How would you like it if I just came into your yard and dropped a huge Duce. I mean dude your **** dragging I guess if you get hard you'll be able to bottom turn that thing if your loaded like me. First things first go to the tat shop in your new town and get some hard ink, maybe some Hawaiian flowers or boobs.. Hindus..ect they will know who the real charger is when you show up. Your from New York so make sure to bring a .45 to pistol whip someone in the line up it they get out of line btw stock up on hair jell, spiked hair is a status symbol in the dirty nj.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Go north to the outer banks. It's a 3.5 hr. drive for me, but it is even flatter than usual here lately and I'm willing to make the trip for 3', I am getting so desperate.

8. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Blasters, at least you have that fresh farm animal jizz thing going, my Storm Trooper helmet wreaks havoc on my spiky blow out hair-do.

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Listen to Scarecrow.

10. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    onslow and carteret county women are crazy

you have been warned

11. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    there. fixed it.

12. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Cherry Point is renown for the absence of capital letters.

13. bandaid

bandaid Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    If your a marine, surf Onslow beach. Less people. Same distance as EI/AB. Waves are the same everywhere.

14. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Go to Myrtle Beach brah! 24 footers all day, sweet neon clad rednecks and it's always offshore.

15. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    yankee, please take your newfound stoke from your SoCal trip and breathe some life into this Hello tread. It was promising but is declining faster than the Amanda cane.

16. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Best Bet: Find south side johnny and have him take you up for one of them paraglide things. From the 150 foot of rope you got slacked you should be able to scope the local sand bars and babes. Take photos, GPS locations of bettys to get their digits later. Surf. Get sunburned, then go to Jims for a beer. Tip $3 or more and he rings the bell.

Worst bet: Anywhere on the southside of the peer. Stingrays, devilrays, sun rays, stinkbugs you name it. God I hate the southside. Watch out for currents where you surf. The outgoing and the ingoing are both tides that you will see. Waves range from pretty small to pretty big on any given day of the year.

Hope this info helps, welcome to town. Dont let the guys on this forum bug ya, they all started surfing last year.

17. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Damn, I got nothin'.

18. KookieMonster

KookieMonster Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Yeah, I think someone just posted this to throw some wood in the fire out of boredom.