hey swellinfo forecasters...

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by mp1, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mp1

mp1 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    why don't you change the forecast a few more times b4 this non-swell even shows up.
    hows that hit-counter racking up? I'm certain you can squeeze a few more big ticket advertisements about the "pimsleur approach" to learning foreign languages on the page. I know, I know... the science of forecasting is very tricky business.

2. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Why don't you start your own forecasting site if you think it's so bad here? Or better yet learn to read a damn buoy and nearshore wind forecast from NWS or NOAA and make your own predictions? Considering this site is free and fairly accurate I think it's pretty good. If you are unhappy go pay for a subscription to Surfline and get your LOLA on and stop *****ing at the forecasters here.

3. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    the forecast never was over waist high, what are you talking about?

4. actionpants

actionpants Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Bring on the yelling about shortboards and longboards!!!!! Go team!

5. quiksilver1231

quiksilver1231 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    yep, not even a longboardable wave coming our way. stay home, it's not worth even checking.

6. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Two words: "Junior" and "Member"

7. sickpit

sickpit Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Gnar ripper brah. West swell 5 footers brah

8. Aquiles @ El Dorado

Aquiles @ El Dorado Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    That's rigth, if you don't like go give your money to LOLA or any other B!@ch like that.

9. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Nice first post btw.

10. dmonster

dmonster Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Or how about you just hop on your bike peddle on down to the beach and check it yourself. I hope you listened this forecast for tonight and missed out on clean and consistant waist-stomach waves with an occasional chest high set around 6pm tonight. Open your eyes and stop complaining about the man doing his job. So what if he keeps changing his forecast, id rather he do that than just leave...

11. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Make sure to let us know if you were able to reduce the crowd where u boogie board with thus technique. U toolbox.

12. mp1

mp1 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    you guys are a bunch of whiners. free doesn't mean good.

13. mp1

mp1 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    such vitriol from a Senior Member!

14. DannyB

DannyB Member

Sep 3, 2010
    what a rookie...

15. S2Kreative

S2Kreative Well-Known Member

May 27, 2006
    It's a really long bike ride from Pa...

16. coach

coach Active Member

Jul 4, 2012
    You guys have it way to easy, back in the day I had to hitch hike with a long board to check the waves and that was when I lived 45 miles away. we rode everything. To realy know whats going on check as many different sources as you can and come up with your on!

17. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I have surfline premium. It's nice. I don't have to only rely on swellinfo and I can afford 8.99/month. ballin!!!! It's nice being able to watch the HD cams for hours on end if you want to. I'll pull up pipe or west oz or wherever is firing, put on some tunes, and go full screen while I think about the bongs thread.

Now that you mention it, surfline's long range pretty much agrees with swellinfo's predictions for this weekends swell in the mid atlantic +/- a foot.

OP check out this great site it's called magicseaweed..... (hehehe)

18. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Typical example of the Entitled Generation and their complete ignorance to reality. Look kook, if you don't like it, I have a novel idea for you--DON'T COME BACK! Go complain to your mommy--she'll at least act like she cares.

19. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    and I thought I was the forum curmudgeon :)

20. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    You're still the best man. I can only hope to attain your level one day, but we really need a couple more to help quell the idiocy of posters like this thread's OP.