Hi all! I'm the new guy.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MichaelJR, May 4, 2014.

1. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    New guy here. In good old suckachusetts. Wanted to say hi before posting questions and whatnot. Ill try my best to ask good ones, and yes, I know the search feature well. I consider myself New to the sport, did it a handful of times as a kid (28 now). I think I'll pick up quick where I left off. <br />I don't have a single friend that goes, literally not one. Should be interesting showing up to some spots to say the least.

2. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    MichaelJR the most dysfunctional family you will ever meet, WELCOMES YOU!!!

3. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hi, I'm the somewhat funny complete jerk off.

Welcome

4. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    massivetwo****s eh?

5. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Sounds good to me! Nothing beats an awkward thanksgiving dinner, sign me up. Only if dirty uncle George is there though.

6. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Rock and roll. I can appreciate honesty all day.

7. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Yeah this place sucks.

I'm eyeing the space coast/sebastian area HARD once I'm all done with school. 74 degree water, from what I hear decent surfing (I'm really trying to embrace it all the way, everyone I've met that surfs is super positive and happy), certainly a better climate all around.
    This place isn't conducive to my lifestyle, I love being outdoors. Oct - early May is basically sucky on a good day.

8. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Oh. Please don't burn me at the stake for this...I know some people have reservations about them.

I bought a 8' softtop. Greco, had good reviews online (although I'm skeptical of the interwebs)

Two legitimate reasons though (at least I think they are, but I'm clueless) :
    1) it was cheap, and I won't cry when I bang it around learning.
    2) I'm passing it off to the lady when I 'outgrow' it.

Goodbye sweet world, please make it quick.

9. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    your a *** man, what type of souless surfer buys a soft top, only hardcore watermen surf solid tops and kooks to. you embarrassed me boy and this whole forum by buying a soft top. you just need to quit before you start. i hope someone cuts your leash.

10. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    May god have mercy on my soul.

Honestly though, my buddy (who strangely doesn't surf, didn't mention that, go figure) is tossing me some old retro fish he has once I have my bearings, and Craigslist has been solid for fun boards up here as of late. Hoping I'll score something in June. The fish is Pretty banged up but it floats. I was looking at the soft as killing two birds with one stone.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  11. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I love boobies!

12. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    dont even make excuses to me, you will now be judged by the surf gods and the swellinfo community. if you every come to my break you might just find fin marks on your back and your car on fire. there might even be 50 cal rounds though your window.

13. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
  14. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Man if you've got a MA deuce or BMG, I'll let you as long as I can pop off a few(just not my bug, leave the bug out of this). One thing I haven't added is a .50 to the collection. Some big bore goodies but no BMG as of yet.

Another reason I'm getting into this, my gun hobby is way too damn expensive. Last AR build ran 3100 quick like a bunny. That will be AR (edit) number 8 in my safe. I have a size able house down payment collecting dust in my gun safe. Ocean is free. Bullets are not.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  15. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    I've made a friend already!

16. Ski Rat

Ski Rat New Member

Apr 22, 2014
    It makes no difference what you ride, as long as you have fun and respect other surfers. Enjoy

17. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    So I won't see the gallows today?

18. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

WAIT!!!! Trevolution is back?!? What just happened??? Did I miss something? I don't check the site in two weeks and what happens?? Go figure ... Summers coming...

Don't mind me, just trying to hi-jack the thread...

Hi new guy-welcome...hope you feel at home here! And oh- about the ol soft top of yours...we all had to learn and understand...

19. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014

So, be prepared for major haterade consumption?

20. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea something like that... Actually everyone round here drinks the koolaid.... Just the way it goes...