Hi all! I'm the new guy.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MichaelJR, May 4, 2014.

1. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    #belmarNJalways23ft

#saltlife

2. MichaelJR

MichaelJR Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    <---- officially lost.

3. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Sorry, It means we are friends. No need to get lost in Belmar,nj

Once you get better at surfing- your probably want better waves to surf... just lettin you know that Belmar NJ had the best waves on the east coast... Make that the Americas. It's always pumping! Book your next surf trip to Belmar NJ

#saltlife

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    _©®€¥««», ¢¡®| ^¥« ®©™€[]<¥¥…€¥{]]%|€ ***°`€|®©. ~*%°`€ %®€¥ ¥^««|€®.

5. Ronnie Mund

Ronnie Mund Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    sell your guns and buy a wavejet softtop.

6. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    My guns are worth a bit more than those lol, and I'm not parting ways with my EBRs anytime soon. Not sure how I feel about those things though. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Keep in mind, I'm real new. Fresh out the box new. I've never even seen those.

7. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Jersey? No kidding.

I checked out the images of it. Are those all storm waves or are you regularly chest and up?

8. MY SAVIOR

MY SAVIOR Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    You committed 14 times on one thread....you should not have any problem in the line-up without your friends. Just remember stay close to the curl.

9. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome Brah. Good to have ya. Weekly bench off, spray on tans, hair gel, and waxed body hair are what you have to look forward to.At least if you are up north. Soft tops will get you started. Keep at it.

10. 34thStreetSurfing

34thStreetSurfing Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    You almost forgot!

11. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    sigh. sb is allowed to criticize soft boards only if he can 'spin them like frisbees.' also. softops are an
    excellent line of surfboards by surf tech; most "soft tops" are cheap knockoffs of such. bottom line
    soft boards are excellent products for those of us that have not forgotten that they were once beginners too.

12. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Brah!!! BELMAR NJ is ALWAYS pumping! Always bigger then any other break around and always peeling!

I got one word for you- artificial reef and oh ya- the canyon effect too

13. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Bro he's been popping (not pooping...well, maybe) up strategically over the weeks like a sniper. You must've missed his "wtf am I doing with my life" type tread about WA/OR. Good for the braddah upping his game of life.

You were gone two weeks son? Thought I felt a cleanliness of the forum w/o the BelMar rubbish posts.

14. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    So a storm surge comes in and the place gets wild?

15. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Welcome. Until you get to 100 posts, we, the swell info community, will give you your name. Your Swell Info name is Gruvi JR.

16. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    You waiting for the apocalypse? Or do you just like to shoot sh**? I definitely like to go to the range now and again and pop off a few, but that is a serious arsenal you got there.

17. Franyfingers

Franyfingers Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2007
    No one surfs in Massachusetts...

18. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    I used to shoot 3 times a week. Wanted to get into 3-gun. I can keep up, but without sponsors ammo adds up quick. It's absurdly expensive to shoot as of late. Now it's more apocalypse readiness for me hahaha. My 6x6 safe is completely full at this point. Around 39 guns full, another 10 on the slow build schedule. Waiting around for group buys and whatnot. Building ARs and AKs is sort of my think. Parts have been real pricey lately though. If anything I'm trying to think out the herd a bit. I just hate parting with any of them hahaha. Love that Killy metal man. I've been working on this collection for about 7 years now.

LWRC M6. Lwrc repr. Lwrc spr. Lwrc m6sl. 2 3gun customs. Bcm 20" govt. bcm 16" middy. All rocking eotech/trijicon RMRs/or aimpoints.

That's just my ARs. You're talking about 20k right there. Add 30 stripped lowers and matching stripped uppers, 10 semi complete, etc etc. I mean if I had the resources, I could arm a small unit.
    I don't think I'll ever sell my LWRCs though. Those are my babies.

It's like tattoos. One isn't enough. Never ever.
    I've got some serious bolt actions, 4 sigs, 2 glocks, handful of wheel guns, few big bore rifles, garand, m1a, some rooskie garbage, few AKs, some exotic euro goodies, I missed a few things I'm sure.

Safe to say its a bit of a hobby hahaha.

I'm looking to get into surfing hardcore. Shooting is too much money. I'm 28, need to start thinking about changing my routines a bit and putting expendable income to more practical investments. Staying in the ocean would certainly curb some of the absurd costs guns bring with them. I don't even shoot anymore.

So. Anyone here with a license looking to buy some hardware? I have a few guns collecting dust haha.

19. MichaelJR

May 4, 2014
    Whoa!! Another dude from MA!

20. bilthy

bilthy Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    water here on the space coast is now around 75, by august sept it will get up to 85, then january feb down to the high sixties. there's plenty of good places to go for the not so experienced , and anyone in the e coast florida forum will give good advice on spots.