holy ****

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by surftb15, Jul 1, 2013.

1. surftb15

surftb15 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
  2. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    WELL that video just ruined my fukcing night, **** like this should not be posted on a surf forum!.. that being said there's no doubt that everyone should be pissed at the trigger happy lunatic cops in this country.. in 2011 German police officers fired a total of 85 bullets the entire year.. IN America in the month of April alone! 84 shots were fired at one murder suspect in Harlem, and another 90 shots at an unarmed man in Los Angeles..source-http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/05/11/11662345-german-police-fired-just-85-bullets-total-in-2011?lite

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

3. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Not watching.

I cried like a baby after I watched Marley and Me. Not even going to mess around with this one.

4. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    #1 This is a surfing forum

While it's certainly sad to see a dog get shot(the dog is just a dog and trying to "protect" his owner) It was clearly justified. Human safety comes before dog safety. It's a sad state of current morality when a dog's life is considered more important than a human.

#2The dog clearly tried to attack the officer and it was clearly self defense. That rotweiller has bone crushing power in it's jaws and CLEARLY tried to bit the officer.

#3 The dog was running loose off leash and tried to bite the officer. It can clearly be seen in the video. It's a good thing the officer had a gun because if he didn't then he might have lost fingers or lose full use of his arm ect.

The person, who I have no idea why he was arrested should have properly secured the dog in the car. Period. The dog was clearly aggressive.

5. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I come to swellinfo for a happy place. My career is full of sad tales that I come here to forget about. Thanks for caring kid, put it on facebook or twitter. You'll get more traction or reaction or whatever you want.

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Ditto. And what McLovin said, too.
    No greater dog lover exists than me; but I won't watch whatever horror that is, not on here anyways.

7. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    I'll sum it up for people who don't want to watch it. The vicious rottweiler gets loose and charges at the officers because his owner has been arrested(NOT assaulted or tackled, just placed in handcuffs). The officer's still don't fire as the dog is charging showing incredible restraint(shooting justified at this point), then the rottweiler lunges and just misses chomping down on the officers arm by an inch at which point the officer shoots the dog dead. Totally and completely justified. I always find is strange how this culture seems to be ok with watching people get killed, but not dogs. Their also ok with horrific conditions in a slaughter house, but if the slightest thing happens to a dog then people go nuts. There are a lot of vicious nasty mean dogs out there that kill/maim people/other dogs. It's an epidemic and many dog owners seem oblivious to things like leash laws and we all know the famous "my dog doesn't bite" line. Their not all sweet like Marley. Some bite for no reason and are just vicious. Pittbulls/rotties/mastiffs/american bulldogs are on average way more aggressive and statistics prove how dangerous these incredibly powerful dogs can be. Dogs are descendants of wolves (predators) People come before dogs. Kind of common sense. It was still sad to see the dog get shot(the dog thought his owner was in trouble/needed help because officers were rough with him), but absolutely 100 percent justified.

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Damn.... That was horrible

9. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    It was justified, but not a 100%. Beside the point of arresting a curious onlooker videoing the police from across the street..the cops could of used pepper spray or a tazer.

10. Huntereclipse

Huntereclipse New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Well I hate to break it to you. You're completely wrong. You hold the same general misconception as 85% of the U.S. on what breeds are most aggressive. University of Pennsylvania did a study that says the complete opposite of what you stated.

http://www.dogguide.net/blog/2008/0...led-pit-bulls-rottweilers-youll-be-surprised/

11. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    1. come on man, I didn't want to see that. I love dogs and hate ghetto trash and police.

2. Surfing?

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Not gonna watch this one but it seems like more and more vids of cops killing dogs are surfacing...all I know is that the day a cop kills my dog is the day I die.

13. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    hmmm....One study(especially when there is an agenda) can show anything. If you look at dog caused human fatalities pitbulls are number one followed by rottweilers. That's the facts. Now, let's disregard potential for attack/aggression for a second. Which animal would cause more damage IF it does attack, a 130 pound bullmastiff or a cocker spaniel? The result of the attack is far different due to the difference in power of the animal. Sort of like the difference between a cougar and a house cat. A woman was just recently killed this month in la county just going for a jog by a bunch of loose pits. Second fatality in a month by pitbulls in the area. Can a pitbull be sweet? Of course. Are there responsible pit owners who always leash their dog outside a dog park? of course. A lab can be vicious. We are talking breed averages and the result of what happens when a dog does attack. The owner is responsible if a dog attacks period and large powerful dogs(akita, wolfhound, mastiff, pitbull, german shephard, rottweiler) should be banned or least have special permits required due to public safety concerns. The same way pet cougars are banned without a zoological permit in many area's. How many of guys see people running their dogs off leash at the beach and they call the dog and it comes when it feels like it? What if it attacks someone?( dog bites happen all the time/look at statistics) Many people are very irresponsible and have no courtesy/common sense when it comes to other people's safety. People should be able to walk around without any concern of your pet biting them and dogs are known for being aggressive/unpredictable and attacking for no reason. Ever heard of a "guard cat" or a "guard cow"? lol I can't tell you how many times I've read stories about vicious dog attacks and the person says "my dog never bit anyone before". Yes, there's a level of unpredictability with a dog and also most owners of aggressive dogs are in complete denial

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  14. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Ok I have no idea about the arrest being justified or not. As far as using pepper spray, that's a joke. There's been cases of pitbulls who keep charging after being shot once with a gun and the officer has had to unload the entire clip into the dog to stop him. A dog(especially pits) can get into a red zone and adrenaline just keeps them going. Pepper spray might not be enough to stop the dog. There's a reason we have a right to bear arms and not a right to bear pepper spray. One is way more effective than the other. Obviously. Also, this all happened in a second. You guy's are playing instant replay quarter back. It's like asking the officer to shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand to avoid killing him. That's not reality. If the officer use's pepper spay he's risking missing if the wind is bad as well as risking still getting bit. A gun at point blank range is a guarantee of safety. Again, these officers didn't just walk up and shoot a dog for no reason who just walked up to them to sniff them. The dog attacked. Unlike some vidoes I've seen of soldiers shooting goats/dogs for fun and then throwing puppies off cliffs for sport.(this is not an attack of marines, obviously that was just a few morons and not the majority)

15. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Oh and another thing. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing actual police brutality. One video showed an officer nearly beating to death a 70 year old man with dementia. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. This officer acted professionally. I would have reacted the exact same way if I was a armed civilian walking down the street if a loose rottie(or any dog big enough that kick wouldn't set it straight ie a a yorkie) tried to attack me or one of my friends/family members like that.

Posting this clip is silly as I see no misconduct and I'd be the first to call out digusting abuse/cruelty to an animal. The end result was sad, but there's zero blame on the officer.

16. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Didn't watch the video, not going to, but I will say if your life is in danger then by all means use whatever force necessary to keep yourself out of said danger. BUT I do know that a lot of cops are trigger happy and it's not always justified.

Pits and Rotts are seriously dangerous animals when they want to be, but with a good owner they can be the best pets, period. It's all about how they are raised. Having said that, dogs will be dogs sometimes, and even a good owner can't 100% control a dogs actions, especially in those type of circumstances.

I've had to defend my dog from a Pit before, grabbed it by the scruff of it's neck and held on till the owner came and got it. Didn't need to kill it, just had to show it who's in control here. Knowlege goes a long way in dealing with animals. Fear comes from lack of knowledge, and fear causes people to use guns in situations like that. That's all I have to say.

17. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Dogs are the most importamt species on this planet. Of course rational people are more upset at a dog's death than a human's. Humans are horrible. Yeah, yeah everyone's so wonderful, I know.........

I'll take a dog, even an angry dog, anyday over a po-lice. Police get pedastled as these heroes, however these heroic incidents are few and far between. The average po-lice spends their day pulling people over for bullsh!t, profiling people, and playing Cowboys and Indians with minor drug suspects. I mean, you constantly hear how dangerous it is for cops dealing with drugs. Bullhonkey. It is so rare that they get injured performing their raids and hassling the local derelects. Then after they hassle people with minute amounts of drugs, deemed illegal by the ruling class, they go and drink alcohol, the most destructive mind-altering substance, at the bar.........and then drive home. Kind of hypocritical, no?

They abuse their authority and are the main oppressors on the front lines of abusing our God-given constitutional rights. Really, the government has no authority to break down your door unless you are a threat to national security. Not because of a plant or a petty warrant..........

They are pawns......mindless, yes-men, who take orders. It's the same menatlity as the crazy fools who followed that Hitler guy.

Dogs are nothin' but goodness. The bad ones are bad because of YOU - due to humans' mistreatment and neglect.

18. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Pjb 2016!!!!!!

19. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    No luck with the NJ police force? Aren't many of them just contractors for the mafia anyways? ;)

20. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Actually, all considering, my luck with po-lices has been pretty good. My feelings are not geographically specific. It goes for all of them. However, I do like Philly cops. Though I'm sure there's many homeboys out there who would disagree. As long as you aren't a killer, rapist or dreg they treat you pretty good.

The priorities are all out of wack. Now I don't mean to keep harping aboot drugs but prohibition has created a game for many po-lices. It's like a hide and seek, cowboys and indians game. It really is. During most traffic stops it's not really aboot the traffic offense but more of a, " Let's see what we can find on this dude..." How can a po-lice saying, " Ohh he/she seemed nervous," give them "probable cause" to search the "suspect" and their vehicle. It's a friggin game.

Basically the whole driving thing is a way to monitor and hassle people. 95% of all warrant arrests come from vehicle stops. Why in a "free country" do we have to get license plates, registration, a drivers license(come on the DL test is a joke), inspection stickers..........it's all ways to fine and search. Why is "driving a privilege?" Guns are a right but a car isn't it? Hey, there were no laws aboot George Washington's horse and carriage.......so the horse and buggy came to be automobiles.......What gives?

People cry aboot the constitution with Obamy, yet they ignore the basic priciples or principals of this country. I don't think the founding fathers had in mind the examining of citizen's urine by the government.

In a free country police should be reactionary in nature and not proactive.....actively looking for people to arrest, fine and imprison. Just look at Sgt. Stadanko in Up in Smoke. "The bigger the bust, the bigger the boost." Abolish victimless crimes and stop trying to play the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon by assigning "victims and problems" from laws meant to protect us from ourselves.

Oh Mr. Engineer this was not directed at you and your post. It just led me to this. So it's all cool, bru. Plus, I told you guys - there is no mafia. That's purely a Hollywood creation.

Oh, dogs rule.