How Sturdy are Epoxy Longboards?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Carolina Carver, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Carolina Carver

Carolina Carver Member

Sep 19, 2011
    How much punishment can NSP epoxy longboards handle?

How often can they be slammed onto the bottom in a shallow water wipeout? How much pounding on can they take from me when I get angry? ;)

Any ideas?

2. garbanzobean

garbanzobean Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Loads. Those things are made with kooks like you in mind. Multiple layers of PVC sheet foam, fiberglass and a really thick gel coat. Don't know which one you have but typically the NSPs had to much entrance rocker to be easy to catch waves early on but good for saving beginners asses that don't have any idea how to take off in trim. Advice? Move to the beach, get a job on the graveyard shift at the Food Lion and spend your days wishing the surf wasn't sloppy 1 ft. high tide crap breaking on the sand like we who have been surfing most of our lives. And then one day the planets align and the surf is fun....

Honestly, just keep on it. Don't ever blame the board, just spend a boatload of time at the beach learning the waves. Wouldn't be any fun if it was easy, would it? Watch guys who are shredding on logs or shortboards and make note of where they are sitting and taking off and for god's sake stay out of their way.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    First of all, why are you getting so angry, it's not the boards fault. Second, these boards are pretty durable. I would def recommend one of them if you are just learning

4. Whalerus2

Whalerus2 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    ride it liek a pron star

[​IMG]

5. Carolina Carver

Carolina Carver Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Garbanzobean - Thank you, Mr. Garbage-o-bean. Check your private messages.

Zeroevol - I know... I just have anger issues due to autism. That's why we moved to the beach from Charlotte. The water calms me and is like therapy for me. It's just that when I have days where I just can't seem to catch a wave or if I either pearl or miss the wave, my anger gets the best of me.

Thanks, Zeroevol! Good to know there's SOME good people here! :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Yeah, the ocean has a calming effect, keep with it!!

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    NSPs are quite sturdy.

Normal EPS/epoxy boards less so, but can be sturdier than PU/PE if glassed heavier.

Sturdy's a funny word.