Hurricane matthew and east coast

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    This is looking like a big problem for Florida....

Models have it dangerously close to the coast. Looks like we will get hurricane force winds Thursday and Friday, sooner for Miami area.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Batten down the hatches, Betty, and this NH guy prays you fare well and that we will hear from you shortly after.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Stay safe Florida peeps!

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    "Let's get ready to rumble!"

5. Ronnie Mund

Ronnie Mund Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
  6. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    "
    Invest 98L is now a 35 knot mostly tropical cyclone. NHC has its hands full at this time, so we will have to wait and see if they begin issuing advisories on this in real-time, but this cyclone is noteworthy in that most recent model runs have not developed it, and as such, fail to incorporate any influence it may have on Matthew's future track. Some prior runs have shown it developed, as it now is, helping create a weakness in the ridge, northeast of Matthew, for him to be attracted to. "

Flhurricane.com

7. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    this looks like a mean storm, and it's averaging 150mph winds. we're pretty skrewed here in the SEast. Only one tropical model showed it going inland, otherwise it's riding the coast - not into sea. Def need to be prepared, and it looks like i need to move my flight to Thurs instead of Friday. Good luck everyone, stay safe

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    gnarly in jamaica BBwXMj9.jpg

9. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  10. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Maaaan missed it by like a month... actually exactly a month... too big a coincidence to be JUST A COINCIDENCE

11. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    #Suniliarity

12. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
  13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Well, looks like i'll be making another trip out for provisions today. Chinese FOOOOD!

14. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Good luck Florida. Looks like it's gonna hit NC Coast pretty solid too. was heading to CB this weekend, but that would be the second time in a month that I've driven into a hurricane or tropical depression... "It's not the destination; it's the journey," is an understatement.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks Bud, it's been a while since I've been staring down the barrel of one of these bad boys. Haven't had to do plywood on the windows in years. This place didn't come with shutters dammit! Damn landlord lied! Lied I tell ya!

16. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    DP be safe man. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to do your prep work nor create a list of essentials for you (one thing our gov't does well is make lists! .. i.e. https://www.ready.gov/kit from their readiness page).

Anyway, I had relatives who were out power for over a week when Bob hit in the 90's (a relatively weak storm in comparison to Matt). They had some frozen provisions, which in the event of such a long term power loss, they ate what thawed first (gas grills are handy). So if you have some stuff frozen that will be handy. Definitely get those windows boarded.

Definitely prayers for you and the rest of our FL/SE coast swellers.

Hopefully it will head east to the open ocean away from human habitation.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks for the well wishes CCdog, and I appreciate the link. We have most of what's on the list, going out today for the rest, hopefully it won't be needed, but we'll be prepared. Same to all my FL brothers and sisters, best of luck to all of you. If it gets flooded, at least we have flotation devices!

18. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hurricane and TS watches issued for south and central florida. 11 a.m. forecast track seems to increase the emphasis on a Carolina landfall.

[​IMG]

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Is that spot on the northern side?

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Holy cowzarino!! Now there is another TS just north of PR/DR.