Hurricane matthew and east coast

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Oct 4, 2016.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Practice makes perfect. Do it slow so you can do it fast.

2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Who knows? Probably noon tomorrow. BOLA

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016

3. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
  4. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I saw a radar model yesderday,dont know if it was real,but it looked the the storm scraped across the coast,then made a 360 and came right back up and scraped the coast from south to north.doesnt look like a good one guys

my cousin is in cocoa beach,her kids and grandkids evacuated,she stayed,hope everything doesn't get too bad down there,but by the looks of it the east coast of florida is going to get hammered.

normally in the past,i try to enjoy the hurricanes,u know the normal small ones that don't wreak havoc,but I learned after sandy,even tho sandy didn't seem too bad as far as winds and rain,it didn't rain at all yet the entire town and midatlantic was completely flooded.its scary seeing that water rise on your street.

alls I got to say is,if u see whitewater start rolling down your street,get the phuk out of there immediately

6. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Good luck to everyone in the path of this beastie.

7. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
  8. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I'll say, head high and offshore this morning.

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's at our doorstep, calm before the storm... sky is getting dark to the East. Clouds are moving fast. Erie feeling. Within the next two hours we should be in full swing. The next 24hrs will be something I don't think I have ever experienced living in FL my whole life. I knew I shoulda built that arc!

10. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    You are right and I'm sorry about that. Best wishes for riding out the storm.

11. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Hang tough DP. If you make it through the next 18 hours or so, you should be ok. Good luck

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Austin, check out the wind forecast for my area, they are way off considering a CAT 4 is about to blow 140-150mph winds, yet CFL wind shows maybe 72mph max? Just a heads up to have them look at that, it's obviously way off.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks bro! I'll check in when I can.

14. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    The center of Matthew is well north of my location now. So far, he hasn't shown me very much. Some wind and rain but, honestly, I've seen more weather from a run of the mill summer thunderstorm. Of course, I mustn't complain. It could have been much worse and we are supposed to have more weather into the night hours.

The big question is, should I order more pizza and Chinese food for when Matthew comes back againe in a week or so?

[​IMG]

15. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Radio forecaster just said that NHC is detecting a jog to the east which, if it sustains, will keep the Cat 3 and 4 winds off shore and you will only see cat 1 and 2-- it's something to hold onto for the next hours because otherwise, our community will be decimated. I choose to believe it.

If that does happen, though, Daytona and JAX will be in worse trouble as it is also jogging more north.

The current NHC track also shows it turning around when it goes to Carolinas, and coming south and hitting south Florida next Thursday...

Valhalla, what the heck bad thing did you do man to make the storm sim twice for you?

16. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that too. But does it really matter? I mean, once you get over a certain point the conditions are shot. It's not like you're gonna say "The forecast said only 72 mph so I figured it would be pretty good"

17. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    "...turning around when it goes to Carolinas..."

Monster Hole should then open up.

5pm ship obs:

20 NM E of Cape Canaveral: 9' @ 7s
    4 NM E of Port Canaveral: 6' @ 8s
    6 NM E of Ft. Pierce Inlet: 9' @ 7s

Hi Betty

18. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    As powerful as this storm is it is also small unless ur around the eye hurricane force winds only extend out 50-60 miles and that's not in all directions lots will get 70+

19. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    miami is pumping absolutely perfect OH offshore barrels right now...and there's only 457 people on it

20. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Just in case you get around to it, I found this little instructional video. Not sure how an arc is helpful in this scenario, but here ya go: :cool:

[video=youtube;8yNQQwa9bzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNQQwa9bzg[/video]

Stay safe.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016