I love it when

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by LongIslandBro, Nov 2, 2018.

1. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Ok , so I purposefully go to a lesser crowded but shittier break than most. The reason is, I kinda like being one of the better guys in the lineup, and as such I can be a bit of an ahole at times,but anyway:
    I love it when I rock up and see a few guys in the lineup. Then a set rolls in and I immediately know those guys are just buoys, taking up space, wasting valuable resources (waves). Set waves pass, or they blow the takeoff, or pearl, or whatever: I know I am the top dog.

I love paddling out and sitting right on the peak as the buoys get a little spooked. I might say hi but I completely ignore them when sets come in. They do not exist to me.
    Those guys are like the crash test dummies people put in their car so they can drive in the HOV lane. Nothing but window dressing, decoys if you will.
    I snake, I hassle, I back paddle (but never shoulder hop, that’s just plain wrong).
    Just being honest guys.
    I smile every time I see the crash test dummies in the lineup.

headhigh, nopantsLance and antoine like this.
  2. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Reading the above, LIbro, for a moment there I thought 'it's the albino, posting!' :D

Man, I don't put that much thought into my hack surfing it sounds mentally exhausting there

smitty517 and MrBigglesworth like this.

3. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    So just riding waves on a surfboard is not for you. I see.

smitty517 likes this.
  4. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I get it. Maybe not to the extent as you describe. But i get it. I won't search out a lesser peak for that purpose. But if i do paddle out and see im one of or the top dawg. It's got its perks.

But honestly i like surfing next to and with better surfers. It's humbling, you may learn somthing, makes you want to surf better and push yourself ...... plus if your feeling like your on the bottom of the tottem pole, get a good one, and get complimented. Well that's a nice feeling.

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Man... sounds like you got a complex or something and that you forgot that you, once upon a time, had to learn to surf as well... and once you were on the same level as the guys that you think your better then... wow...

smitty517 and Yankkee like this.
  6. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Now that was a stoke killer Bro’
    There are a lot of guys in this lineup who have been those “buoys” a time or two...
    and once it was you too. And honestly? Once in a
    While I have guys like that around me and you know what I say to them out loud and to a quite often Surprised look? “If your that good then why are you surfing a break that I’m on, I suck”
    Not trying to ruffle your bananas or anything - I’m just surprised at how much resentment I hear in that post from a usually super cool dude. Someone piss you off today?

Yankkee likes this.
  7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sounds like a guy that use to get picked on and now feels picking on others is some form of revenge.

8. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    The return of .....chucka-boo-boo....??

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  9. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Yeah, but if those guys really want to learn they will. No body owes you anything. I get what the OP is saying.

It really depends on the location/lineup. Sometimes you gotta duke it out a little. I usually surf better in a crowd because i have to battle to get deeper than i would alone.

You shouldnt feel bad for taking waves or any of that, and if the bouys want to start hassling you for waves its even better because then everyone improves faster.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  10. LongIslandBro

Jul 21, 2017
    Lots of controversy on this one. Lotsa beta cuck male type comments too. Surfing is the ultimate act of hunting down and slaying your prey. It’s primal. That’s what draws us to the pursuit.
    In my defense:
    I usually only get one to two hours water time for a sesh tops and I wanna make the most of it.
    That’s why I go where I can score easier.
    I’m too old, outta shape, and lazy to paddle battle people half my age (24) or grooms a third my age (16).
    That’s why I go where I can score.
    Who cares if I like being the best guy on the JV team.
    Anyway, glad to spark a little controversy on an otherwise group hug kinda forum.
    Lol

headhigh and nopantsLance like this.
  11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    No controversy, no cuck male here. Try that shit on me and see what happens! Hahaha

12. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    So just riding waves on a surfboard is not enough?

13. LongIslandBro

Jul 21, 2017
    Lighten up Francis.
    I’m starting to understand why Barry abandonned us.

MrBigglesworth and nopantsLance like this.
  14. LongIslandBro

Jul 21, 2017
    For real though DP,
    I teach elementary math to kids.
    I don’t have a vengeful bone in my body.
    I’m trying to create critical thinkers and problem solvers.
    I’m a real positive vibe kinda guy.
    I always champion the underdog (I’m a Mets fan for Pete’s sakes).
    Sometimes I like to hunt with a pack of alpha males, sometimes I like being the alpha.
    That’s all I was trying to say.
    I humbly apologize for my toxic masculinity. :)

DawnPatrol321 and MrBigglesworth like this.
  15. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    The AI aggro 'bino is a teacher , too....

smitty517 and Mr.Belmar like this.
  16. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
  17. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
  18. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    In today's society, all over the world, people spend almost all their waking hours trying to belong, trying to justify their existence on this blue ball we call home. Most people, if you meet them one on one, are usually pretty cool. When people start joining up in groups, whether for political, social, religious, or economic reasons, is when they become part of the herd mentality, the ignorant, stupid people that follow each other over the cliff. The human virus as Yank aptly puts it.
    To me, surfing takes me in the opposite direction from the cliff. It's me and the ocean. I don't need to justify what I'm doing out there or take pictures of every little goddamn thing I'm doing in the ocean. I don't give a f@ck what fins I have or what the volume of my board is at that point. I'm me, Chavez. Same feeling when I'm on my hog, hitting 80 mph, on some lonely South Jersey straight line back road.

19. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    It's my individual pursuit. I'm not part of crew other than the occasional family member or,friend. It's about having fun as an individual. If you are out there doing the same, I will respect you and your quest. I will be friendly. We are the last of the outlaws, the last of non conformists; if you so choose to be. Otherwise, surfing is just another social media pursuit. But hey, to each it's own.

20. LongIslandBro

Jul 21, 2017
    Chavez gets it.
    #surfoutlaw

MrBigglesworth likes this.