Inauguration Day

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by archy 2.0, Jan 17, 2017.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I know what I saw..live..it was a decent crowd but not huge..and the parade had many empty stands along the route

2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Stop3.jpg

3. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Well, you certainly have a point. The hypocrisy of the media is astounding.

But I've already made that point, haven't I?

4. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I don't think that this was an actual news briefing but more of the current administration addressing the press That when they lie they will be called out for their lies.
    Seeing how people react strongly to news I think a false story such as the MLK bust being removed can have negative consequences. Even though CNN has dropped dramatically in its ratings there are millions of people who take their word as gospel of truth. I mean really how many people out there still think that Trump is the next Hitler because of the false narrative that CNN and others like them have pushed on to the public? Millions and millions as evidenced from all the women that marched nationwide on Saturday.

5. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    How is this important?

Why do you even care?

6. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    it could have been addressed at todays briefing..a simple addendum...not first order o business..but anyway
    yea there are tons that think he is the next hitler and not forming this by the news,,but by his actions and things he says....

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Were I President, I would have the MLK bust broken into pieces.
    I would then proceed to replace it with one of Al Sharpton......

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Agreed. That MLK thing, if not corrected, would have been everywhere and BLM and all those fu*ks would be saying "see? we told you he's racist"

But then Spicer stating outright false sh!t as fact is crazy as well.

9. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Do briefs really cause men to have health problems?

"Let this Fruit of the Loom 7601 Basic Brief 3-Pack be the base of your wardrobe"

10. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What's really funny is the fact that Trump had Bill and Hilary stand up and get an ovation. He said he was honored that they attended? What happened to Bill being a rapist and Hillary being a criminal that should be in prison? Now he has "a lot of respect for those two people?"

Would you be honored if a rapist and a criminal showed up to your event? Anyone who thin DJT is not a politician is nuts

[video]http://klewtv.com/news/nation-world/watch-donald-trump-applauds-hillary-clinton-at-luncheon[/video]

11. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    It is termed "diplomacy", and it is a necessity.

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Honoring rapists + honoring thieves = diplomacy

Got it

13. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    While I am not the one having originally penned it, I have already relayed the thought, many times upon this message board, and if memory correctly serves me, even within this very thread: patience is a virtue.

14. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012

Best post you have ever done. I get the fact that Trump won, I get that he gets to push his agenda, but...... come on Mr. President your office is above all this. Your office is above SNL, Streep, Madonna, and talks of ratings. If Trump doesn't want people trolling him for 4 years, for the love of god don't feed it.

15. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    So you think the MLK bust story should have been able to spin in the news cycle considering BLM would have led riots to the tune of it?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  16. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    I'm glad we can agree on something lol.

Seriously, I really believe that most of us here tend to be more centrist and moderate than the obvious few.

I just wish we could work through the divisiveness and anger and start the healing process. It'd be nice if we could start on this here surf predictin' site.

Peace and good waves

17. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
  18. SloFlo

SloFlo Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Correct. Here is the actual briefing, which had been scheduled for today, all along...

[video]https://www.c-span.org/video/?422474-1/sean-spicer-holds-first-daily-briefing[/video]

19. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    [video=youtube;nnERQIhsCFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnERQIhsCFc[/video]

20. kidde rocque

Mar 6, 2016
    Someone is going to get hurt very soon.

Don't be surprised when people start fighting back.

Curious to see how those who defend themselves are labeled.