Is Gustov be a smart session?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jtblue18, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jtblue18

jtblue18 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Hey been watching the forecast and still kinda itching to test swell coming from Gustov. How sketchy is this gunna look off of Bob Hall? I have monday off and don't wanna miss it....but dont wanna get killed at the same time! Any locals takin this ?

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    corpus christi should be far enough away from gustav, that it wont be in the dangerous category.

3. gtowntreyble

gtowntreyble Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    I hope surfside and gal wont be too crazy monday morning... hoping for a good session

4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    looking as good as it gets for you south texas guys.

5. jtblue18

Aug 28, 2008
    Surfline?? Brown nosing time!

I lived in so-cal for most my life, so as far as checkin surf reports I would call the closest buisness next to HB. I live in Tx now and I obviously don't have that option now!! I have to say this website is a hell of a lot better than surfline. I know paying for a membership helps in some ways, but u guys have actually given good reports! Surfline has decent HB reports....how hard is that though! Anyways, thanks for making life a lot easier! Made it down to C.C see how it go's!

6. Longboard Loco

Longboard Loco Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Truth!!!

This site is far more accurate than Surfline, Wavewatch, Wet Sand, etc.
    Its all about Swellinfo for me.

Glad you made it to Corpus... I'll see you out there.

I'll be on this.

[​IMG]

7. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    thanks guys. leave some feedback on this swell if you can! I want to hear how it gets down there.

8. Galvsurfer626

Galvsurfer626 New Member

May 29, 2008
    im going to hit up SS in th am gotta work at 9 am so ill be out there early:eek:

9. jtblue18

Aug 28, 2008
    Big!

Well , Got out to Bob Hall about 5:30 am and was clean and bangin! Started to close out and get pretty rough about noon. Headed to J.P after and was as clean as it gets! Inside was breakin big.....outside was even bigger if u were willin to wait! By the way if anyone saw the group of five that got pounded off the pier at j.p yea I was in that domino stack ! lol

10. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    sweet! what kind of face heights did you guys see?

11. theotherchad

theotherchad New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    In Matagorda, we had knee high to occasional thigh high from Friday afternoon through Sunday, but Monday, the sets were chest to shoulder with the better sets easily a foot overhead.
    I'll post a couple of pictures later. I only got a few (too busy paddling and getting worked over) pics, but I'll share a couple of the better ones.

12. theotherchad

theotherchad New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    This isn't scary unless you're used to knee high Texas surf.

Attached Files: