Its too f%&^$ big

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Gnarly, Aug 17, 2009.

1. stout metalworks

stout metalworks Member

Feb 18, 2007
    same path as Hurricane Fabian

[​IMG]

I hit double overhead plus during hurrican Fabian in 2003, which has did was cat 3 and same path as projected for Bill. Hatteras has the spot... it will hold and peel 10ft+... 100+yd rides all day long. Question is do i wanna get stuck south of Rodanthe when the road washes out?

2. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    well, have fun guys. Wish I was back in oc md to hit the shoals or something.

But for all the guys that sound worried down south, my advice is to think outside the box as far as where you choose to surf if the swell does get heavy. There are tons of little rivermouths and inlets all up and down the carolinas that have deeper water and probably never break on normal 3-4 foot days...

Nobody usually paddles out to their local beach break when its 12 ft. You gotta look for things with some deeper water, possibly way further out. Outer sand bars collected off a river or something...

But good luck. Grab your pintail minigun so you can have a ton of speed and an easy paddle..

3. wbluke

wbluke Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    yellow soft top john ?

4. terra-firma intolerant

terra-firma intolerant Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2008
    shoot:mad:

5. USMC EOD

USMC EOD New Member

Aug 18, 2009
    No such thing

I hope this pans out. Any one ever surf the KOA park in Hatteras? That's where I am going to be paddling out from, unless it is cleaner elsewhere. Hook a brother up, I am back into surfing after 14 years in the Marines... I did surf on and off all over the place; but VA beach and OBX is my new home break. Where are the sweet spots? Any other gay rules about surfing VA beach I should be aware of?

Rock and roll.
    Big Tim

6. InletRider

InletRider Well-Known Member

May 27, 2007
  7. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    you can ride my merrick.

8. Domesticfix

Domesticfix New Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Surfed the Ec since the early 90's . Some spots will hold clean breaks . Looks like north florida will be clean if the swell direction keeps it course . Central Florida looks like a direct hit for close outs sat . just my 411 , PADDLE OUT .

9. wbluke

wbluke Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    well well well shhhhhh dont give away my spot lol super long lefts :) on wb and only when its good

10. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    nws is saying 4-7ft. i think triple overhead is a bit overstated.but, if that's the case, monday will probably be super fun head high+ light offshore. i'm hoping to get my arms a bit loose on friday night but i think it might be just outa control s wind blown storm surf

11. Cutebilly182

Cutebilly182 Member

Jul 17, 2009
    u guys are just *****s and it is a good thing because that means more waves for me. I'll say high when i am walking down the beach to you guys

12. wbluke

wbluke Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    all i have to say is nice name F@G!

13. bbdottk

bbdottk Active Member

May 27, 2007
    If this pans out to be even head high, it'll make me the happiest man alive. I've been in Germany since July 24, and I'm coming back on Saturday. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but yeah...

14. InletRider

InletRider Well-Known Member

May 27, 2007
    im not talking about whatever inlet your thinking haha

15. terra-firma intolerant

terra-firma intolerant Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2008
    I don't know, when i rode it that one time, it didn't really paddle any faster.

Thanks, but I need a more substantial step-up than a 6'1.

16. StuckinVA

StuckinVA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Are you the same "Cutebilly" that said,

- posted 7/21/09

You got a whole 4 weeks of experience do ya? You might want to sit this one out rookie. If not, can you get someone to video tape you and have them post it? Thanks.

17. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I just want some 1-3 ft over head and clean conditions. You wont have to waste all your energy getting out.

OC NJ has been able to take some pretty big swells. It was ridable for Ernesto. I'll probably head down to the south end so I don't have to worry about getting slammed into rocks.

18. ughVeeBee

ughVeeBee Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    OK now you're just F-ing with us.

19. conway

conway Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    I'll be out on my 6'5" ****ting bricks and hoping for an inbetweener that i can use to run to shore with my tail between my legs.
    i'm psyced.