Juno Pier - May 5th 2013

Discussion in 'East Florida' started by JunoPierSurfing, May 6, 2013.

1. JunoPierSurfing

JunoPierSurfing Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I was out of town, so I unfortunately missed Saturday..

[video=youtube;_RHTl8i4QWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RHTl8i4QWQ[/video]

2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Yes, I think the whole state scored Cinco de Mayo. This place almost never barrels and it did yesterday, the offshore wind was just enough to hold the waves up. I'll remember this one for sure.

3. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I want some!!!!!!!!!!! I miss warm water so much. you guys suck. I'm an emotional wreck.

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Solid swell for sure, had a blast yesterday!

5. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Wow, that is 1000x better than the slop we had up here. It was a mess all weekend, and the only decent waves were the waist high stuff I couldn't hit up this morning.

6. JunoPierSurfing

Mar 13, 2013
    I heard from friends it was 2x better on Saturday, but I was in TAMPA! Not happy about that... Last good swell for a while I'm sure...

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Depends who you talk to and what beach they were at. Some places were blown out and nasty, others (S. Inlet, Spanish House, etc.) were going off, but it wasn't epic everywhere. I think yesterday it was good just about everywhere, at least in the areas I checked.

8. MrMacdugal

MrMacdugal Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I was supposed to get some of this. I had an offer to come down saturday afternoon from N.H.
    The plan was to surf Saturday morning in N.H. then get on the plane and surf Juno pier by saturday night. I was supposed to go down and drive a car back, but then had the offer withdrawn. I was so bummed considering the report was looking super good. Then this video evidence is just a slap in the face as to what I had a chance to get. Oh well, we got it real good here on Saturday and Sunday morning. Even though we are still in full winter suits. Glad you guys all scored

9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    The storm hung around the upper Florida Coast until Saturday evening so up until then it was blown out VAS conditions. When it finally moved off the coast that's when the fun started

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Sounds about right, glad I waited till Sunday morning DP - afternoon

11. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Best weekend I have had since moving here 4 yrs ago.

12. JunoPierSurfing

Mar 13, 2013
    Not sure if you guys caught this video I posted from Mid March...

[video=youtube;FNPjz8U0ROQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNPjz8U0ROQ[/video]

13. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    At Spanish house on Saturday....Biggest tube ever been in, never thought I'd see damn near overhead barrels in SFL...one of the best surf days I've ever had. Ugh was backside too, loved it!

14. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Sunday morning was just as good too, snapped a leash in that surf, good stuff!

15. Dawn_Patrol

Dawn_Patrol Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2007
    those two videos have a LOT of close outs! Not like two turns and a close out section...like drop in and get shut down.

16. Feesh

Feesh Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Thank you for someone finally saying this - I thought I was the one that was going crazy...

17. mbaran23

mbaran23 New Member

May 7, 2013
    IMG_1957.jpg

Waves were epic on Sunday, I got some great shots in the a.m.

18. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    drop in, set rail, get sacked.

19. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    DSC_9001s.jpg There were some clean ones on the Treasure Coast.

20. JunoPierSurfing

Mar 13, 2013
    Correct (close outs) I only had an hour to spare for each of those short video's, couldn't play the tide, etc to catch it when it's better... I would have loved to have had 2 days to start up near Patrick's AFB and work my way down catching video at all the good spots...

OMG, I'm sure Spanish House was crazy good, that is my hands down fave spot in Florida, Monster Hole on the right day (as rare as they are) is probably my 2nd...

Hope to get better quality action to share next video...