Keep Infectious Haole Money Out of Hawaii

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by arthurdigbysellers, May 15, 2018.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I don't know what this treade is aboot,but are they trying to say they don't want tourism in Hawaii?how would they survive?the economy is a real thing,money gets recycled and put back into the economy.if nobody comes and visits there is no more economy.idk all I can think about is randy in the margaritaville episode lol

eatswell and DawnPatrol321 like this.

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    O Cuda...People are swarming Waikiki with choke demand on the beach boy services (unlike the symphonic halls). The beach boy job is not dying, the way in which the services are provided is changing. Not sure how PR and your childhood play into the point. I have never scene PR's tourism cater to beach goers in this fashion...maybe I have missed it I suppose. I think the "beach boy" lifestyle as they put it is unique to Waikiki (and Virginia Beach lol).

You are right about change...in this instance, I think it sucks that a century old tradition of having a local vibe catering to the tourons is coming to an end. money and politics...same as it ever was!

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    It is NOT coming to an end. It is just that someone else is doing it. Change in personnel. Employees, not the self-employed. Taxes, taxes, taxes, bribes, bribes, bribes, etc....money talks, bullshit walks.
    In PR, in the 50s and 60s, all hotels hired locals for lifeguard services. Many were my elder brothers friends, and 10 years later, many were my friends. Hotels no longer provide lifeguards at all - just stick a sign in the sand--"Swim at your own Risk". Lifeguarding lifestyle gone. Signs are cheaper. I am talking the Condado tourist hotel area (San Juan).
    Same thing as beach boys. No difference as the lifeguards provided "other" activities (as in after hours with hot tourist chicks)

5. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
  6. Rob_Kelly

Rob_Kelly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    This dude was always wise.

But Mr. Swellinfo Guy wasn't the moderator hero some of y'all believe. The past always seems rosier. Dude's totally uptight. But what do you expect from dudes with pools. This stupid place bought him a freaken pool. Man, I wish I had a pool. That would be sweet. I'd swim laps and sheet. (Hey, am I allowed to cuss on here these days?) Make my dog watch me swim around, desperate for a walk.

7. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I wanna go to Hawaii (Oahu) and dump money into the economy.

Haven't been there in over 4 years now and I think I'm gonna crack. Must a make a trip there between now and September, during one of my free weeks. I have the money, so why not just do it?

JayD and Kanman like this.