Laird Hamilton's ridiculed recent hypothesis

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by nalu222, May 28, 2017.

1. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Came across this today at work..lol
    [video]https://youtu.be/yebMJYJoqys[/video]

2. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    wow that's not even as bad as I thought it was .been hearing about it and everyones losing their sh1t,id say lairds onto something....

3. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I think its hilarious how he says it with a straight face though, too funny, he's probably right though. I mean its Laird after all...

4. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    That was it???? I heard there was some faux outrage and was expecting something in the range of "get those bleeders out of the water and make me a sandwich." Sh!t like this will turn me conservative.

5. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    [video=youtube_share;uO3pxAACQ2M]http://youtu.be/uO3pxAACQ2M[/video]

6. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I wouldn't want to be in the ocean with someone who's bleeding. Having said that, who really knows what sharks like & don't like other than bloody fish, rotting whale carcasses & fish that fishermen are trying to reel in (chomp!).....all those would be a 'yes' the shark likee.

The NPS has been issuing warnings for years in re menstruating women & that possible scent attraction to grizzly bears. Ever since two women got eaten alive by a bear that ripped open their tent in Glacier in 1967.
    But, the NPS is the first to say it's only a possibility & not proven; just use your friggin Darwin IQ out there, kidz.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/grizzlybear-menstrual-odor.htm

And, of course, the feminists are outraged by such sexist items. There's all sorts of angry fem bots who've conducted 'experiments' that 'prove' the bear-likee-menstrual-mess is a male conspiracy to keep them out of the woods. Or some such crap.

7. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
  8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's common sense. He's right.

9. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    if sharks can detect small amounts of blood in long distances? then its a no brainer. your also putting others at risk!

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I figure sharks are somewhat like dogs and imagine they react the same towards the scent of food lol..

like when ur cooking and the dog is sleeping then wakes up and his nose takes him to the kitchen.

I imagine a shark just smells blood from a very far distance,which automatically puts them in hunt mode since they smell possible food,and they just swim to the scene and whatever is in the water floating and making a ruckus they go take a sample bite from it and see if its edible.whether its a person or a seal or a merman the shark doesn't know til he tastes it in his/her mouth

11. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    She's putting those frat boys' toes at risk of being eaten by sharks.

[​IMG]

Looks like she already got bit herself.

12. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Valhallalla..
    [​IMG]

13. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks Laird.

14. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    To say something like that without scientific evidence is ignorant.

To feign outrage about same without said evidence is equally stupid.

15. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    +1000

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I can only hope Laird is right. It then may reduce the surfer head count in the water.....
    Now, if we could only get males to bleed as well......

17. red dog

Mar 6, 2015
    +1000

18. ibc

ibc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Yikes, Valhallallalla!

Maybe some sort of foamy, minty, device could be fabricated, to, you know, absorb the problem.

Maybe HoStevie could help. He's both clever, and good at marketing.

I suck at marketing. I'd get slapped too much tryna sell em.

19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Laird is 100% spot on

I'll tell you a True Story tomorrow, too tired to relate it again (it just got erased).

20. jaklsurfs

jaklsurfs Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Got bit by a blue in buxton ,ripped my finger open and there was pretty good amount of blood ,my buddies were all screamin at me to get the expletive deleted out of the water cuz i would draw sharks, i mean fishermen throw chum over the side at the pier to draw the sharks its mostly blood ,i would think the evidence of blood affecting sharks behavior is pretty well documented. Laird just noted a source of it in ocean . So do yu stay out in if yu get a cut and the water feels a little sharky .......