Legal Weed

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by Jesterface, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Why so interesting?

2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    it seems to go against the grain of your political stances.

3. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Why so eager to paint with a broad brush...yes, I do believe in gun ownership, but I don't think Obama was the devil. Hard to believe but there are some of us out there that choose our stances on a case by case basis, not blindly follow/vote party lines.

headhigh, NICAfiend and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I liked your comment but disagree that Obama’s isn’t the devil lol

5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    And that's ok DP, we may not agree on politics but can always find some common ground, whether it be surfing or punk rock. America at it's finest.

6. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Now who's painting with a broad brush?

Don't get so defensive bruh, I only stayed stated that your choice was "interesting", it wasn't my intention to go all Archy on you. I don't know how I could have worded it any better, other than not posting anything at all (which I considered as well).

but glad to hear we have a few things in common, like CCL and not voting straight ticket.

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Right on, we probably agree on more than we think too. You don’t seem to be too far to the left, and I’m just barely to the right, so there must be some common ground, if not in politics, but in life.

8. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Wasn't trying to defensive, just had a feeling that was coming. All good P, think I've still got shell shock from Archy every time politics come up lol

9. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Anyways, I can't find anything about forfeiting my CCL for the card. Think I am getting bunk info. With all this being so new, no one knows what the rules are it seems.

10. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I really just want to get the card so I have the med stuff available to me. Not saying I would start buying for them, but would like the option. Dealers can be unreliable every now and then lol

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Exactly my thinking, it’s good to have a solid back up. I like still being anonymous by going through my barber for it. Nobody knows but us and my wife, and maybe his co-workers (and now you guys). Showing up to an establishment can make you a target if anybody is watching you go in and out.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Speaking of... just puffed a nice mellow nooner spliff.

Kyle likes this.
  13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    #InstitutionalAuthority

Legalizing is a slippery slope. I would rather see more mellow laws regarding the chronic...not gov't control.

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Couldn’t agree more. Just don’t arrest me or fine me is all I’m asking.

JayD likes this.
  15. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    When my state had med bud, it was a smidge cheaper than the prices for recreational purchase.

We don't have med dispensaries any more, and I'm not quite sure why. I think the state's explanation had something to do with how taxes would be levied and used.

Personally I think it has more to do with how very little clinical evidence exists on cannabis and its potential medical effectiveness. I think my state pulled out of the med market because their bureaucratic asses would be hung out to dry if and when something negative happens. So much easier to shrug your shoulders and place the blame somewhere else when it's a recreational activity, rather than a tightly regulated and controlled pharma market.

Again, just my opinion but I think the rest of the states will follow our lead eventually and just go full rec weed.

16. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    it was probably 1994ish, my bro was living in SOCAL and obtained med card for bum knee (multiple surgeries). We always cracked up that he was able to do that...

17. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Disagree.

With Marijuana becoming legal, I can get a card and still buy from joe blow down the street and no one is any the wiser. If anything, police will care even less about weed, so people that still buy off the radar will have even less heat on them. I highly doubt the cops are going to be heavily enforcing "non-taxed" buds. I doubt cops will be asking every smoker for their cards, probably just start ignoring it completely and only enforcing laws when it cause fights or property destruction, much like they do with alcohol.

La_Piedra likes this.
  18. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
  19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I voted to legalize medicals because it’s a step in the right direction and figure that makes it easier to take the next step and go recreational. Then it’s do what you want at that point. But I don’t feel I would go through the gov for it unless it’s cheapen AND better.

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    My point is the gov't overseeing the recreational use of smoking bud. Not managing card holders. I do like your point about the police caring less. I should have clarified my point relative to recreational versus medicinal