Let's Get Irie!

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jul 31, 2015.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

2. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Going to the concert this weekend! I first saw Jo Mersa Marley when he opened for his Dad Stephen Marley at Janice Live in St. Petersburg like 4 years ago for the Revelation Tour. One of the best concerts I have been to. Errrrbody was Irie!

sisurfdogg likes this.
  3. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    The concert last night was pretty fun. It was down in Juno at the Abacoa Amphitheatre. Small outside venue, light to medium crowd. Chicken on a stick was amazing, the rice pilaf that came with it was decent too. Drink selection at the concert was weak sauce, it was Bud or Bud light, or select liquors. Good thing I had plenty of IPA's at a couple of the restaurants / bars just outside the venue and had a spliff in my pocket.

It's a nice little district that you can just hop from one establishment to the next and then go watch a concert on the lawn. Free parking garage too. Mucho convenient. I was able to meet Jo Mersa Marley before the show and took a picture with him. It was Toots and Maytal's show but Jo Mersa was the better performance.

For some reason the sound engineer couldn't get it right with Toots getting feedback over and over again. There were no sound issues until then, which was weird. By the end of the show, it seemed everybody was drunk and falling all over each other in the crowd. We left while Toots was playing their last song or two.

4. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    DP, I was down there for a bit yesterday too bruddah, live right around the corner. Wonder if we passed each other without even knowing lol. Solid show.

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL I'm sure we passed each other at least once, it was a pretty small place so hard to miss. That's cool though, glad you made it out to see them play. We go to a lot of concerts so anytime there's a good one coming up we get tickets.

We were hanging out right next to the sound engineer tent BTW.

6. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Yeah that's my fault. I didn't see your post on Tuesday. Would have said let's pregame at my house and walk over. Maybe next time!

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    All good dude, sounds like fun!

8. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    BROS - where is my invite?

9. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    You in the area Riley? Might have to throw an SI party lol

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    You're always invited RMDN!

11. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Wow Toots has been around forever, didn't have a clue that they were still together

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah man, he sounded good too! The way he was dressed made him look like a cross between Mr. T and Stevie Wonder.

La_Piedra likes this.
  13. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    “Freddy get ready…come do the rock steady…”

Here’s a smooth and timeless nugget courtesy of The Jamaicans. This one is guaranteed to get your ladies’ hips a-shakin’ the way you like it.

After all; who doesn’t appreciate a “Boom Boom Festival”?

LBCrew and sisurfdogg like this.
  14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I don't. Jamaican type reggae music sucks. It's noise, nothing more.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  16. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Early rocksteady with Johnny Nash

17. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    My wife and I were planning on going, then plans changed last minute, maybe it was the weather, or her internal temp. If I'd a know ya'll were there we would have gone.

Kyle, do you know my crazy friend Patrick, he lives in Abacoa, the bartender? You gotta know that cat.

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'll be back down for the Collie Buddz and Inner Circle concert, Sunday March 24th.